Part 43

ARNAV

There was something different, I really couldn't put a finger on it but something just dint feel right, or things just dint feel the same. Maybe I was being paranoid or I was just overthinking things but something felt different.

When we first started dating, it was so beautiful, Khushi wouldn't stop talking, telling me random stories and everything and we were so comfortable with each other, I mean everything was really perfect between us and then we broke up.

I think the breakup changed a lot more than I thought, yes it did some good like make me realize my feelings for her and everything but it also made us somehow distant, I know it was just the first date after getting back together but I just thought it would be like before, we would get back to normal which dint seem like the case.

I think Sona coming back had somehow affected Khushi in a way that she developed some sort of anxiety and now she was too worried, she wasn't just the same with me. Maybe it was going to take time for her to heal and I was okay with that, I had hurt a lot I couldn't expect her to heal in a day but then it scared me too, what if things never went back to normal between us? What if this is how it was always going to be?

I just wanted for us to go back to normal, to be happy with each other, for her to tell me all about how her day went like and for me to listen to her like I always did and I really hoped that someday we would get back there.

I stared at the ceiling blankly just thinking about our date tonight, and Sona showing up at the restaurant, and somehow it made me wonder, did she do it on purpose? I mean she did confess that she loved me but then I hadn't told anyone about Khushi and I getting back together, no one even knew that I was going on a date with her let alone where I would take her, so maybe it was just a coincidence, but I really had to make sure I did everything in my power to make Khushi feel secure, I just wanted her to know I chose her and I might have loved Sona a lot in the past but since she came into my life, it has been all about her.

*****

The next morning, I decided to go to her place the first thing, I wanted to make sure she visited a doctor and at least talked about everything she was going through at the moment.

I remember when I had felt like that when we thought Sonakshi had passed away, for a long time I was trapped in a dark hole, but then with therapy and some medication, things got better.

I stood outside her house nervously not sure whether to ring the doorbell or not, maybe the breakup dint just change Khushi, it changed me too, because if I would have come here before, I wouldn't hesitate in ringing the doorbell ever, but now I had to think too much about everything before doing it.

The breakup really messed us up both dint it? The only thing I wondered was, were we ever going to heal from it?

After contemplating for a few minutes, I finally pressed the button and few second later, Khushi opened the door.

"Arnav?" She looked at me in surprise, she looked like she had just woken up, she was dressed in her pj's, her hair was all messy and she was rubbing her eyes to make sure it was actually me. She looked so beautiful I wanted to hug her right away.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, I didn't know you were sleeping." I apologized.

"It's okay, come in." She stepped aside to let me in, I walked in and started looking around not knowing what to do, things just seemed to be too awkward for no reason whatsoever.

"What bring you here in the morning today?" She asked

"I told you we'll go see the doctor today remember?"