Chapter 16 ~ Culprit

====================================

'...What?...'
That random thought through me off guard a bit but I continued to focus on what's important; the trial and finding the culprit.

My stood between Maki and Ryoma.

(It took me a 1 hour to figure out what the trial positions were and make 30 minutes to make that chart, appreciate it)

And Monokuma and the Monokubs explained to us the class trial rules and with that, it began.

• Timeskip •

"C-C'mon, lemme off the hook already...
D-D-D-o you want money!? Is that it?!"

"Your pathetic excuses are consistent with those of a common male criminal!"

Kokichi had accused Miu of being the killer since she was the only one who knew of Shuichi and Kaede's plan to catch the mastermind; disregarding Shuichi and Kaede since they made the plan.

But Kaede had explained how Miu wasn't the culprit because she had an alibi and I kept silent the while time it's not like I could've been any help; considering I sleep through the whole time so I probably wasn't gonna say anything during this.

They were talking about something while zoned out looking around thinking about random thoughts that flowed through my head until I heard something that made my heart drop.

"Now if you don't mind, I actually know who the real culprit is! Miss flat chest over there!"
Miu said in confidence as she held her hands on her hips.

"W-Who?" Tsumugi strutted, confused.

Miu sighed in annoyance,"It's Y/n, you dumbass!"

At that moment my breathe became caught in my throat, '...Why me of all people?...'

"Y/n??? Oh please, I knew you were stupid but not this stupid!"
Kokichi hissed at Miu, pointing his finger upwards, Miu yelped at his insult.

"Why do you think Y/n is the culprit? Please acknowledge us with your reasoning." Kirumi spoke calmly.

"Y/n hasn't spoken a single funkin' word since we got here and unlike me, she doesn't have an alibi!"

I processed those exact words as soon as she said them and it scared me because she was right. I didn't have an alibi, I slept the whole time and I don't even know how I got to my dorm; It made sense if I were to be a suspect, no one saw me except for Kokichi and even then, the timer wasn't going at that time.

So there was a good chance that I would be found guilty and then— we'd all be killed expect to actual culprit, right?
My breathing began to grow heavy at the thought of dying.

"Y/n?", Maki asked waiting for my response.
I nodded lightly, feeling overwhelmed with all the attention.

"I don't really have an alibi o-other than that I was sleeping in my dorm and woke up when the body discovered annocment but I don't remember when or how I got there."
I answered, my voice came out shaky, my chest was becoming heavier every second.

"Ha! See?" Miu laughed, spitting slightly causing, Shuichi to srunch his nose and slide closer to Kaito.

"But... Y/n doesn't seem the type to have the ability to kill someone with a shotput ball, it would take a lot of force for her to throw it straight at Rantaro." Kiibo explained with an unsure expression on his face.

A few nodded as to I started calming myself down, but I knew it was gonna take a lot of convincing to get me off the suspect list.

• Small Timeskip •

It's been at least half of an hour discussing about me being the culprit and it's all because I don't know when I got to my dorm or how, but suddenly Kokichi looked annoyed that we're taking such long time.

"Alright, shut up! All of you!" Kokichi yelled in annoyance.
Himiko flinched at this, "Hey! What's the big idea!?" Kaito questioned him.

"This is really starting to get boring, so let's just get this over with! Y/n's not the culprit!"

"Do you have proof of this?" Angie asked in her usual cherry tone.

"Yes, I would gladly tell you all if you could listen for a second, before the clock started Y/n and I were in the AV room, she had fallen asleep a few minutes before it went off,"

Kokichi explained, I thought back to when I was in the AV room and I do remember falling asleep.

"I brought her back to her dorm, anddd as even more proof–"

Kokichi paused for a second, reaching inside his pocket and pulling out my dorm room keys, he started to swing them around his fingers in a playful matter.

"These are her dorm room keys, as you can see I have them, that is, unless your blind."

"Alright then! So, that should be enough evidence to prove Y/n innocent; is there anyone who disagrees?"
Keade spoke, no on answered though; I felt my chest begin to feel lighter; I didn't like how I was put on the spot like that.

Once my pedestal went back to it's original spot and everyone was focusing on the new topic I looked over to Kokichi, he was scanning over everyone's facial expressions when he met my eyes.
I mouthed a 'thank you' to him, Kokichi stood up straight and smiled widely at me; this simple action caused my heart beat faster, my face also started to feel warm, it worried me.

I turned away from Kokichi to focus on the current discussion out of slight embarrassment, I then realized that Shuichi looked troubled by something, I felt the need to ask him but Shuichi was too far away from me to talk to him without others hearing.

• TimeSkip •

I didn't want to look, I didn't want to see this, yet I my eyes kept staring as Keade slowly and painfully lost her breathe.

Someone from behind me took my hand into theirs, I gripped their hand tightly through the whole thing.
And as if it couldn't get worse the fallboard of the piano came crashing down onto her limp body crushing Monokid in the process.

The red blood splattered onto the ground like paint, some even getting on my shoe. I just stared at what was left of her; in terror? I'm not sure, it seemed unreal, that something like that could happen to someone.

How am I supposed to react to that?

Everything seemed to go faster than I could handle, I was still trying to process what had just happened. I couldn't hear anything but a dull ringing sound in my ears until I heard a thud.

Shuichi was on the ground and Kaito stood a few inches over from him; Kaito shouted something at him but I didn't hear anything but the ringing and I seemed unfazed by it too.

Next thing I know is that I'm walking to the dorms, the ringing hasn't gone away yet.

Now I was at my dorm room I felt someone behind me and suddenly the ringing stopped when they asked me something in a soft voice.

"Are you alright...?"

====================================

A/N:
—I have some bad news; I've lost interest in Kokichi and this book but I'm still gonna try and finish it so, yeah. And here's a random question: Does anyone of you read Blue Lock???

• Word Count: 1225 •