Chapter 17 ~ Try

====================================

I turned to see Kokichi standing behind me, a slight concerned look on his facial features.

"...I don't know." I answered plainly.

He seemed bothered by my answer, I just stared at him not answering his question on my well-being.

He pouted at this, sighing not long after and murmured a fine and started to walk down the stairs to his dorm. I turn back to the door, placing my hand on the knob and turning it I felt guilt plummet over me.

'...Should I have really said that to him?...'

I close the door behind me and start to disrobe of my current clothing into something more comfortable for me to wear to sleep.

I attempt to disregard my guilt so I won't stay up all night but deep down I knew it wouldn't. I just started at the white ceiling above me; it's was starting to get hard to leave my eyes open though I'm not sure why I was fighting against falling asleep but I failed.

When I opened my eyes I was met with a clear blue sky with small clouds in some places.

I sat up to see that I was sitting in a patch of azleas but they weren't on bushes like they usually are; they are very close to the ground but still had the consistency of a bush; due to this I couldn't see the ground.

As I stood I realize that as far as I could see the ground was covered in azaleas. I started walking forward for what I think would be a few seconds until I blinked and everything was dark.

The azaleas were dead and the sky was red and dark, as I looked around myself for an explanation my feet started to sink into the ground quickly; in panic I started to pick my feet or move in any type of way but failed.

My breathing started to quicken and my chest felt tight, I didn't realize that my waist was already seeping into the ground and I wasn't able to feel anything below my waist.

I started looking for something to grab onto but my chest was becoming more and more tighter as my chest got closer to the ground, it was becoming hard to breathe to the point where I was gasping for air.

My head started to go under as I tried latching onto the dead flowers but it did nothing. As my nose also went under I couldn't breathe at all, as if it was suffocating me.

The last thing I saw was what had looked like flaming meteors coming down from the sky. And that was the only thing I saw before I woke up.

I grabbed my neck realizing that I couldn't breathe, I started to wheeze and gasp in an effort to bring my breathing back. Once done, I flopped onto my back in anguish.

My breathing started to become normal and I just stared at the ceiling above, tears sitting in my eyes as I laid still like that for a few minutes.

I heard a ding, most likely from my door, so I slowly started getting up and walking to the door, wiping the tears that were resting in my eyes so they wouldn't be concerned about it.

I opened the door to see Tenko looking very proud. "Y/n! How are you?"

She said enthusiastic tone, "Tired."
I said plainly, looking off to the side now remembering the events from yesterday.

She looked sad, "OH! I'M SO SORRY, DID I WAKE YOU?!"

She asked me in panic, I shook my head lightly. She signed in relief, "Was there something you needed..?"

"Mhm! I was wondering if I could help you in the kitchen with Kirumi!"

She said with enthusiasm, I looked at her with confusion.

"Wha... Why do you need my approval? I honestly don't mind at all, I'm not in charge of the kitchen or anything,"

I waved my hands lightly feeling a bit concerned. She thanked me by hugging me a bit too tight for my liking and we headed off to the dinning hall.

Kirumi handed Tenko and I aprons and we started to get the ingredients out while I went to look for some cooking instruments and pans.

We needed a bowl for the batter but the bowl I needed was on top a high shelf but it seemed like I could reach it if I tried hard enough. My fingers grazed the metal of the bowl as I stood up on my toes.

I almost had it when a hand wrapped in bandages grabbed the bowl from it's top and slowly took it down.

I turn to see Kiyo holding the bowl, "I saw you straining to reach, it would illogical not to do something."

I thank him, feeling a bit embarrassed and we started cooking, with Kiyo helping out a bit and Tenko glaring at him the whole time.

~Time Skip~

Blueberry and Strawberry Waffles

Steamed Buns

Kiyo and Kirumi set up the table for everyone while Tenko and I got the plates ready.

And everyone started eating at coversating, I didn't feel hungry so I started to doze off while poking one of my buns.

"Good morning..."

It wasn't until I heard the door open, my eyes shifted to see Shuichi, but I could see both his eyes this time. It took me a second to realize that he didn't have his hat on.

I'm guessing it wasn't just me that had noticed since the room had gone dead silent.

"Ah... Good morning..."

Tsumugi said a bit cheerful, trying to not make it awkward.

Gonta also spoke up but wasn't sure on what to say.

"Oh, Shuichi... Um..."

And then there's Kokichi; "You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Kaede died or whatever?"

My turned to the boy in seconds, perplexed by his lack of sensitivity.

"Quite you male! Learn some manners, why don't you?!"

He soon turned to me and shrugged his shoulders, I sighed.

"Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice."

Kaito said calmly,

"Well of course you didn't, you're brains the size of a walnut."

Kokichi deadpanned, clearly unimpressed by Kaito's words. I choked back laughter at the sudden insult to Kaito.

Kokichi smiled lightly at my reaction.

"And you could learn some manners too, you insensitive jerk!"

Tenko also shouted at Kaito,

"N-No, I just... Felt like it was getting in the way is all..."

Shuichi explained, brushing off Kokichi's question.

After that it went silent again.

"You don't have to stare... I just took off my hat, it's not a big deal..."

Shuichi looked down, the lightest color of peach painted his cheeks.

Angie told him that he looked handsome without his hat, I nodded my head in agreement.

Shuichi gets flustered at this and stutters out a thank you, after that I basically just zoned out of everything focusing on finishing the food since I didn't want Kirumi to feel as if I didn't like it.

When I was done eating I stood up and put my plate in the sink but to my surprise as I walked out the kitchen to the door I felt an arm rap around my shoulder.

"So where we heading now, doll?"