Chapter 12 ~ Stress

(Thank you for 6k reads! I'm an so grateful for you guys being able to tolerate my cringyness)
====================================

• Y/n's POV •

'...What's gonna happen to me...?...To everyone...?'
I thought to myself as I sat in my soft bed, hugging a stuffed (fav animal) tightly that was the size of my torso with the lamp sitting on the night stand near the bed, lighting the dark room slightly.

It was 4:43 am currently, I couldn't sleep at all, I wasn't even tired knowing what fate had planned. I wasn't sure if this was a dream or not anymore, I don't wanna take chances.

I don't know what to do to stop this, Rantaro told me not to worry yesterday, that he'd had a something that opened the secret door in the library and he would end the game without anyone getting hurt. I wanted to believe him but my negative thoughts always got to me.

All the 'what if's' kept me awake fearing that something terrible would happen overnight and the thought of dieing also fueled my fear further. I felt tears slowly rolling down my cheeks as I kept my emotionaless face still; resting my head on the stuffed animal.

• Time Skip •

It was 7:44 currently, I had fallen asleep crying without knowing, it is almost 8 am meaning the announcements would go off and I did not want to hear they're annoying voices today so I got up and opened the top draw of my night stand and grabbed a little white and lavender medicine shaped clear bottle filled with light lavender ear plugs.

Kaede gave them to me when we were hanging out, but I was really happy when she gave them to me, I think it was on my report card likes section.

I opened the container and grabbed two ear plugs and closed the container back, placing in back in the nightstand drawer; I pushed them in my ears as I walked to the door, I couldn't hear my footsteps at all as I got closer to the door, I then decided to write Kirumi a note telling her I would be absent for breakfast, I wasn't hungry.

So I walked over to Kirumi's dorm and slid the note under her door and walked out the dormitory; As I was walking in the grass I walked down the stairs to the courtyard slowly enjoying the silence of everthing, I smiled slighty letting my mind wander and my feet take me wherever it wants. I also found myself huming a tune and a thinking of the lyrics of the song inside of my head.

There once was a bitter sweet man and they called him, 'Lemon Boy'

'Sorry if you don't like this song or don't listen to Cavetown you can ignore that if thats the case, its not important to the plot but idk what kind of music you listen to'

He was growing in my garden and I pulled him out by his hair like a weed,

And like weeds do he only came and grew back again,

So, I figured this time I might as well let him be,

By now I had started to mumble the words slighty as the chorus began to start.

Lemon Boy and me started to get along together,

I helped him plant his seeds

And we'd mow the lawn in bad weather

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him

So, I got myself a citrus friend

I took my focus away from the song and realized that I was heading to, what i think was called,  the jugement shrine. As I got slowly got closer to the building I saw that it had a water fountain in the center opening and I began to admire it from afar.