𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 #23

"oh wow."

narnia held up a shirt, smiling at it's good material.
dave watched as she opened her things he gifted her — he had imagined what her smile looked like, and how her eyes would lit up when she'd laugh.

but, now that he actually seen it  – he knew it was way more beautiful than he'd imagined.

you bought the cutest things, dave!

she cooed, holding a small koala bear he had gotten her - while opening yet another packaged box.

mhm.

narnia stopped what she was doing, and looked up at her new phone.
eyeing dave, she noticed - despite his low, cute brown eyes - they held stress and tiresome, like something was worrying him. his face was cheery, but his eyes told how he truly felt.

narnia twisted her lips to the side, tilting her head.
she picked up the phone – only her forehead, eyes and nostrils showing in the camera.

what's wrong?

she'd ask.
dave furrowed his eyebrows.

nothing's wrong, bugs. continue with your things.

i'm not until you tell me what's wrong with you.

narnia, i'm good, girl.

squinting her eyes, she made sure dave could see her annoyed face expression — before she turned off the camera.

okayy. . . oh! this blue box looks intriguing.

dave rolled his eyes with a slight smile, knowing what she was doing.

narnia turn the camera back on.

huh?

you heard me, turn it back on.

will you tell me what's wrong with you?

there was a slight pause.

andddd openinggg, the presenttt.

she began tearing already ripped wrapping paper.

stop. okay. i'll tell you. turn your camera on first.

and narnia did just that.
they looked at each other, one waiting for the other to speak up.
narnia decided to talk first.

so? what's wrong?

dave sighed.

um, nothing major. just ain't have enough sleep, i guess. and my dad's pushing this work all on me, recently. i just don't have the time to really breathe.

he told her half of the truth.

hearing this, narnia felt saddened. so she took the initiative to do something about it.

what are you doing tomorrow?

she questioned him, as she began picking up the wrapping paper that was all over her floor.

work, and then i have like three meetings i need to attend to. then a business dinner with my pops, to meet a colleague of his.

dave smugly informed her, not wanting to do anything of those sorts tomorrow.

cancel it.

dave looked at narnia through the camera.

cancel? i can't just cancel my business, ni.

cancel the whole day, dave. spend the day with me, talking and resting.

dave started at her for a moment.
he loved the idea of just being able to hear her voice, but they both had things to get done.

narnia, you have work too.

i'll cancel the whole day too. we can sleep all day, or talk. anything you want to. tomorrow.

dave remained quiet, contemplating on what to do. doing this, he knows he'll anger his father, miss out on work — but, he didn't care what his dad thought.

just tomorrow, stink.

he immediately smiled at the nickname, making his decision right then and there.

aight bugs, tomorrow.