𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 #40

after a painful shower, narnia moisturized and dressed herself. however, moving too fast, she felt a sharp pain in one of the ribs that were cracked. she took a deep breath, tears immediately stinging her eyes, as she tried to endure the pain until it subsided.

but every little breath she took knocked her right back in the rib. she wanted to scream out, but did not want dave coming to help her at the moment.

for the next several minutes, she took minimal breaths until the pain was bearable and then faint.

when it was finally okay, she laid back on the bed. wanting to sleep her problems away. and that's what she did.

dave resided in his office, still confused about why narnia pulled away from him.
she has never pulled away.

was she upset with him? surely she understood why he did not help her. he had an urge to go and talk it out with her but figured she needed her own space for the moment. everything would be fine later, he had hoped.

a phone call pulled dave away from his thoughts.

he pulled his cell phone from his pocket and checked the caller id. his sister's name popped up. he grinned, as he answered the call.

𝐛𝐫𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐨!

𝘢𝘩𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸?

𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲.

𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘱 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭?

𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧?

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞?!

𝘸𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘯.

𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭- 𝐳𝐞𝐯𝐨, 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧!

𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘸, 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴.

𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐞𝐦' 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦! 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮!

𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘯, 𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘥.

𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐚𝐯𝐞. 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐦𝐚𝐧.