𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 #39

feeling the warmth of the sunbeam on her skin, narnia scrunched her face, blinking her eyes open. 

she gently sat up to relieve the light shining in her eyes. she noticed she was in a huge, comfortable bed, with black satin sheets.

she looked around, trying to muster up the strength to get out of bed and find dave since he was nowhere in the unfamiliar room. 

 narnia slid off the monstrous bed, and carefully set her feet on the floor. her sore body ached, desperately needing some care: massage, bath, anything. 

she limped into the near bathroom, using the walls as her support until she reached the beautiful mermaid-carved sink. she also enjoyed the way the handles looked, as she reached and turned the cold one on. 

cupping the warm water in her hand, she rinsed her face, loving the way the cold water felt refreshing on her skin. 

"morning, boo." dave's irregular deep voice boomed out of nowhere, causing narnia to jump up.
she immediately turned around, startled, with a confused expression on her face. 

"what did i tell you about scaring me?? you big lug." she spoke rather quickly, while the residue of water dripped from her face. 

"you'll live." dave smiled, "c'mere, girl." he walked towards narnia, giving her a gentle hug before he picked her body up and placed it on the bathroom counter. 

"the bathroom is beautiful." she complimented.
"eh, it could be better. i want to redecorate it."
"are you dumb? it's amazing!" narnia exclaimed.
"thanks, boo." dave replied, pushing one of her loose coils behind her ear."

"missed you earlier." dave admitted. "you sleep too much."

"i'm supposed to sleep, idiot. or else i'll look all zombie-ish." narnia ranted. 
"you're always looking good, what are you talking about?" dave squinted his eyes in disbelief that she'd even utter something like that.

"oh, hush." narnia dismissed his compliment.
"i need to take a shower." she told him. 
"i know, you stink." dave joked, laughing as narnia glared at him.

"this is why the government keeps things from us, like the aliens." narnia spoke nonsense. 

dave furrowed his eyebrows. ". . . where did that even come from?.. you know what, " dave chuckled, removing his hold from narnia. "go ahead and take your shower girl, and hurry it up. you already spent enough time to yourself" he complained, turning around to walk out.

"wait," narnia called out for dave. "can you help me?"

dave stopped where he was at, turning back around, with an off-standish expression on his face. "help you? what do you mean?"

"help me take a shower, i can't do it alone with my injuries just yet." narnia spoke, truthfully.

"i can't do that one, boo." dave said.
"why not?" narnia questioned. 
"i'll get somebody, one of the female maids to help you." dave replied, disregarding the question.
"i don't know them, i want you to help me. what are you so scared of?"
"scared?!" dave stared at narnia like she was crazy.
narnia made a face. "yes, you'll just be helping me stand. maybe even wash my legs, i can't really bend down, either." she spoke with disappointment. 
"no, nia. i'll get someone."
"dave, i don't want anyone else, how many times do i have to tell you? what's up with you?"

truth is, dave would love nothing more than to help her but to see his best friend in another state, a state where she was unclothed, was an uneasy feeling for him.

of course, he's seen multiple naked women before narnia, but to see the one he actually likes, and they're only best friends, just didn't seem right to him.

"nothing man, that's just not appropriate." 
"why not? you're the only one i'm comfortable with and you've seen me in just my underwear before."
"that's different, nia." dave spoke with a low grunted voice, looking everywhere but at her.
narnia looked down at herself, wondering if he viewed her body as something weird. 

her bruises, scars, scratches, cellulite, stretchmarks, body hair, hyperpigmentation, birthmarks, moles, unbalanced body parts. 

most things that are seen as undesirable. maybe he'd thought that too.

narnia didn't mind dave seeing her at all, he was the only one who ever will, as far as she was concerned. but, most likely not anymore. 

she looked back towards dave, "okay." she smiled small, sliding herself off the counter. dave immediately rushed to help, but was shrugged away. "it's alright, i got it." narnia spoke low, helping herself. 

dave was abashed, looking down at her, confused about why she was refusing to allow him to touch her.

narnia waited by the bathroom door. "i'll see you when i'm finished." she spoke in an even tone, however, this time, not allowing herself to look at dave. 

"nia?" dave called out, unsure what to do, but having lots to say.

"i got myself, it was stupid to ask that. forget it. i need to shower now though." 

dave walked over towards her, taking her chin between his fingers. narnia pulled away, waiting for him to walk out of the bathroom. 

licking his lips, dave did nothing else, and walked out of the room. narnia immediately closed and locked the door behind him.

she limped towards the mirror, saddened about her physical appearance. 

she began to carefully maneuver herself to take off her clothes, which was more than painful, hence how she has to constantly move her arms and body in different positions to fully get unclothed. 

when she was finished, she stared at her battered body. 

"wow." she whispered in disbelief.

she noticed the slight sag from her breasts, and how one of them was slightly bigger than the other.
the stretchmarks that traveled from her arms down onto her stomach, chest, legs, and bottom. 
her dark spots and patches planted on her armpits, her inner thighs, elbows, and knees. 
her cellulite that broadcasted on her thighs, hips, and bottom.
her stomach and back rolls, and slight broad shoulders. 

added onto all the wounds and scars she contained. 

narnia officially despised her body. 

she never noticed it until that very moment. 

until the very moment, she'd believed the one she felt so strongly about felt repugnant towards it too.