CHAPTER - 47

Third Person's Point of View.

Ivan and Issac both looked at each other for any kind of answer that they could give their new found sister, twin sister to be exact. But they don't know how or what to. It's not easy to digest the fact that your whole life you just had your twin to depend on while others made fun of you and now you have a sister, triplet to be exact and a big - fucking- family. More brothers. Parents.

They don't want anyone's pity, nor wanted to be the charity case, but most of all, they didn't want their sister to be involved in their pitiful past and dangerous present. The limited time they had with each other, it was the best they ever had. Without any dirty glance, comments or abuse. In the short period of time they had with her, they realized that she was the missing piece for them. And they didn't want to mess it up.

"Please listen our side first, okay? " Issac requested softly. Ella gave them both a confused look but nodded nonetheless.

Both the boys sighed and then looked at each other.

It's now or never.

Issac grabbed a hold on Ella's shoulder, light, but firm. His voice came out serious, and at the same time full of nerves, "We are in gang. "

There. They dropped the bomb. But what they didn't expect was for Ella to start laughing.

"W-What, seriously!? You two too?" Ella wheezed out.

Issac and Ivan gave each other another glance, this time it was of utter confusion.

"What do you mean you too?" This time it was Ivan who asked.

"Guys, our family is the whole mafia. " Both the boys' eyes widened. 

"W-What?" Issac choked out in a low whisper, to say he was surprise would be an understatement. He couldn't think clearly, all his thoughts were moving in circles. 

"Yes. They are the Italian Mafia." Ella said while rolling her eyes good-naturedly. 

Both of their jaw-dropped and Ella worried that they might catch a fly for a second with how wide there were open. She took it upon herself, and tapped their chins at the same time. They both gulped hard.

"I-Italian Mafia!? " Issac and Ivan looked at each other nervously, still not able to believe that it's not a dream. Ella stopped laughing and became serious as soon as she saw the look on both of their faces.

"What's wrong, guys? They are not that bad. I mean they are in Mafia but they just deal with drugs and weapons not humans or animals. Guys, trust me. " She worriedly rambled. She didn't want the two to hate their family. Not at all. They did her wrong not them.

But suddenly it was like something clicked, worse enough for their face to lose all its color, and eyes bulging out of its sockets. "Fuck!" Ivan muttered while running his hands over his hair and the same time Issac murmured, "That's why she looked familiar." in a very low tone while he covered his face with the palms and started muttering profanities under his breath.

"Guys, you are scaring me." Ella's voice was worried than ever. At her voice, both the guys stilled and looked at her with panicked face, filled with guilt. 

"I-I'm sorry E-Ella." Ivan said and for the first time since Ella met her she found him stuttering. This made fear grip her heart. 

"What are y-you apologizing for?" Ella asked in a small voice.

They can't keep it in their chest anymore. And it was also the first time, they felt desperation, and panic for someone other than for each other.

Maybe it's a twin thing, or their new found friendship, or the knowledge that they have a family for them to feel this way for someone they haven't known for long.

They wanted to form the relationship on the basis of trust, not lies.

"D-Do you know about the attack w-where one of the capos got shot... a few months back? "

Ella's eyes hardened, and had a far away look in them.

"How can I forget that? " She let out bitterly.

"The capo is our brother, Xavier, he got shot while protecting me. How do you guys know? News travels fast, I guess. " She answered her own question, not at all catching the boys exchanging nervous glances with each other.

She still didn't want to remember those horrid moments which changed her life. She glanced up to her twins when the silence continued, and questioned, "What's the matter guys?"

"W-We- " Issac tried to reply but was cut off by Ivan's blunt answer.

"I was the o-one who fired that s-shot."

  _______

One word: Sorry.