CHAPTER - 12

"Why didn't you run away before? What stopped you?" Emilio demanded more than asked, anger and hurt still evident in his eyes.

I think I must tell them. I took a deep breath and began, "The day I left, Alicia died."

I saw the questioning look in their eyes and answered, "Katherine and John's daughter."

They all looked shocked and angry upon listening their names.

"She was just 7. That girl was like my little sister. I used to take care of her when she was little. We spent most of our time with each other. But day she was diagonosed with cancer. That was 3 years ago. I always use to visit her in hospital. I was there just for her. I needed to protect her. But I couldn't." 

I started crying remembering her.

"As there was no Alicia to protect. I decided to run away the next day when both Katherine and John will leave for some pub or club. But John was there at home at that morning. He tried to force himself on me but I kicked him and ran towards my room. There I packed some of my belongings and escaped through the window. And on the way I met James."

Ace hugged me tightly not much that could hurt me. Just to show that now he is here and will protect me.

Everyone looked silently at her. The guilt of not protecting their little sister and let her go through this which no one should ever go through left them heartbroken.

"It's been a long day for you, Bambina. You should take some rest." Ace said

Not able to say anything after this revealation so I just nodded.

I moved to get up but was scooped up in Ace's arms. 

Ace took me to my room and laid me down on my bed.

He kissed my forehead and said, "I love you, bambina. And will not let anything happen to you."

"I love you too, Ace." and drifted off to sleep.

"WAKE UP!. ELLA, WAKE UP" somebody shouted.

I opened my eyes to see Noah yelling at me.

"let me sleeep" I said while pulling the duvet up to cover my face

There was silence for sometime letting me think that he gave me time to sleep but boy was I wrong.

Somebody pulled away the duvet from me and said

"No, You can't we need to go shopping today."

I groaned and nonetheless sat up on the bed knowing full well that there is no way I could win from them.

Feeling satisfied with himself Noah left the room not before telling "be ready in 30"

After about only  20 minutes I was ready and then I made my way towards the kitchen.

All my brothers were sitting there. I made my towards them and murmered a small 'good morning' 

After eating breakfast, Ace told me, "We will be leaving for shopping in 5 minutes."

I nodded and said "ok"

I made my way outside the house and admired the view outside. 

Ace came with his car and I slowly made my way towards the passenger seat. But was stopped by Xavier. 

"Little kids must sit in the back" Xavier said smugly

Not in the mood to argue with Xavier knowing full well that he hates for me some reason.