Chapter - 48

Ella was stunned into speechlessness. Now, it's her whose jaw was trying to touch the jaw. Issac had the sudden urge to do the same tap to her chin as she did, but then thought better than that. Her mouth continued to act like a fish out of water. She was trying hard to not believe whatever she has heard, and refrain herself from getting a heart attack at such a young age. 

"Y-You are joking right? If you are than please stop t-that nonsense, because it's not funny at all." She let out in a slightly aggrieved voice. She knew they weren't joking, but she didn't want to believe. 

"I'm sorry, Ella. I'm so so s-sorry." Ivan said looking down not being able to meet her sister's eyes. He had the guilt ever since he shot that day, but now it knows no bounds. He felt like crying, the pressure in his eyes foreflowing. 

"What-What do you m-mean, Ivan?" her voice thick, and bubbling with emotions.

Ivan looked into Ella's teary eyes this time, and blinked closed his tightly, "Our foster father is in gang" He said 'father' with such a venom and bitterness in a voice that made Ella flinch but Ivan was in his own to notice and continued, "He forced us to join him." another sigh "then forced me to go to Italy and kill the Valentino's."

What? 

"He had me at gun-point to blackmailed him." Issac said with sadness lacing his tone and there was a hint of self-loathing too as if it was his fault. Ella wanted to say it's not but she was too stunned to speak. 

She still didn't know how to process this information. She was angry. Not at them but the piece of shit foster father. 

Why are foster father's so bad? If they don't want to be one then why follow the whole ordeal of having a foster child.

Her heart ached for her twins. She doesn't even want to know what was the consequences of the failed mission.

But the thing that lingered in her mind was: what was the purpose of sending Ivan, a mere teenager? There are surely, more lethal and dangerous men in the gang that would be more than ready to finish of the Valentinos once and for all and secure a high position in the gang. Then why, Ivan? 

She wanted to ask this but then noticed Issac holding his side and Ivan standing with his balance mostly on his right foot.

"Is he the one who ... who hurts you both?" Ella asked, tears trailing down her cheeks, as she points her index to their sides that look hurt.

There eyes widened to the size of saucers but they were quick to compose themselves, "How-what.." Issac said confusedly. Or maybe not as composed as they thought they were.

"You think I didn't notice those flinches and your outfits?"

Both the boys were baffled and asked themselves: how in the world did she notice that? 

"It was only one time, Ella." Ivan said with low voice. He was hating himself for lying. But he didn't want her to see him any different. That he deserved it. However angry or hateful he looked towards the world, he still has a heart that cares, that loves, only a few selected individuals though. Others are still assholes in his eyes.

"Was it?" Ella said bitterly. She knew they were lying. She knew it wasn't okay for her to ask them this but she couldn't control herself. She knew to what extent the abuse can happen. She also knew what can happen, if proper care wasn't taken. She shivered just with thinking about it.

She thought. Maybe, maybe they wouldn't mind telling her when they knew she has been through something similar. It was wrong for her to manipulate them into telling their story, but she couldn't help herself. She doesn't want them to be in pain. Besides, she was asking for any major injuries, they don't have to tell her the entire story.

She sighed giving herself a second to tell them about her past, "I've been there, you know? "

Now, the twin's were angry. No, scratch that, they were fuming.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" It was Issac.

"This is not a story time, or I'd have told you. What matters right now is the health of you two. Are you both okay? Cause I just met you, I don't wanna lose you."

Issac chuckled, slight tears in his eyes. He has always been the emotional, well slightly emotional one, out of them both.

But what shocked him was the single tear that rolled half-way through Ivan's cheeks which he was quick to wipe out like it was some dirt irritating his skin. But Issac knew better. And, with the look on Ella's face, I guess, she does too. 

Devil has a heart after all.

"We are both perfectly fine. Nothing we haven't handled before. " Ivan said with a little tilt of his lips. But Ella didn't find it even slightly amusing. That's why she shot him a glare.

"Aren't you mad with us?" Ivan nervously rushed out.

"What? Why? I mean, why would I be mad at you? I mean I should be that you didn't recognize me, like what the heck we look exactly the carbon copy of each other, just the girl version. Wasn't there even a speck of doubt that lingered in both of you, I mean just in Ivan's cause he was there, that we could be remotely related? But okay, that's a discussion for another time, when we are like way past this situation."

Both the guys looked highly amused at her rambling. Ella's eyes darted between the two, comically. 

It was like Ivan never shot one of Italian Mafia's capo aka their bother and Ella never ran away from her home just cause of that single shot.

They were all happy in the moment, but for how long?

____

What do you think guys? In the next chapter, I'm prolly going to do the rest of brother's point of view. Do you have anyone particular in mind whose pov you all want? Cause to be honest, I think I forgot my characters. ;/

I'm sure most of you might be wondering , "what the fuck, when did I read this shit?" And no one but I am responsbile for that.

I don't really know if you might like this shit anymore but you could still give this a try, or maybe no and read some more interesting books.

And if you have reached here then let me please say this, "Thank you for the read. It means a lot. Like a lot. But not that lot that could get me to write again cause I'm a lazy fuck."

Also, suggestions are always welcome and Grammar Nazi's too cause my grammar is shit. Even though I'm working on it. But I still have a long way to cover, soooo I guess that's it for today.

Bye.

One more thing, this update happend cause I saw @crazy_sarah_   's follow. So, I guess thank you for your motivation.

Uh, today I feel like chatting with people/strangers. And Idk why. 

Btw a quick question(I never thought I'll write this long ass author's note), What's your favorite color? Mine changes almost all the time when someone asks me this question and if I'm supposed to ask myself this question, I'd say, Gold.