CHAPTER - 50

Ace's point of view

Staring at the cover page of the book written by I.V., I felt like I stopped breathing. But, then a huge smiled spread across my face. 

I found her.

Seeing the name of the publication that published this book, I called Carlos and told him to get me their contact number and to not tell Emilio anything or anyone for that matter. 

He was hesitant but didn't argue. That's why I like him. Not in that way. 

After purchasing the book, I was quick to move towards my baby Aston.

The car has been manufactured as per my choices, my first ever car, that I purchased from my first salary as the CEO.

With cheerful skip in my step, I was quick to enter and buckle myself in first. And then speeding on to the mansion. Ringing sound of my phone could be heard. I connected it with the blue tooth and answered, "Yes, Carlos?"

"Ace, I've got all the information about that publication and I've messaged the same to you." as soon as he said that, my lips twitched up from the corners.

"Thank you, Carlos. I knew I could count on you. "

"You bet!" He joked, making me chuckle.

After that no one said anything. I wanted to say more, but thought better than that. Sighing, I said, "I'll call you later. "

"Sure. " Came his reply and then beep.

It's not the time for this, Ace. I told myself.

Not the time.

Steering the wheel with one hand, I reached for my phone, I clicked Carl's contact and got his message. Without missing a beat, I dialed the number.

It rang for about 15 seconds when someone picked up.

"Hello! Black-shark publication speaking. How can we help you? " A very nasally voice spoke, making me cringe.

"I need I.V.'s details. " My voice came out harsher than I intended to. But, mah, works for me.

There was silence for a minute. "I don't think I can help you, sir. It's against our policy to tell anyone about our client's information. "

Third person's point of view

Ace's grip tightened on the steering wheel, he's not used to hearing no from anyone, of course, except his family. But not with others. Not at all with others.

"Oh, then I think you should change your policies. They are pretty retarded and old. " Ace's voice came out calm. But he was anything but that. He was desperate to know anything that could lead him to Ella.

"Excuse me!? " He all but shouted. Short-tempered, I see.

"Who the hell are you? and how did you get this number?" He asked this time, a little confused.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is your pretty wife and daughter? I think your wife is 2 months pregnant, again, right?" Ace quickly glanced down to check the details again and then backed his eyes up towards the road.

"What the fuck? Why does that matter? And how do you know that?" He yelled, loudly, firing questions after questions.

 "What I'm trynna say is, imagine, what would happen, if you go home and find no one..."  I leave the question there. Reading through all the messages Carlos had spent, again. 

"Don't you dare-"

"I wouldn't if you will just tell me all about I.V. "

___

Okay, you all, don't be angry at me.