Early Christmas Present

i literally cannot explain how thankful i am. you guys just came out of nowhere with the help of tiktok. thank you guys so much. i love every single one of you💕💕

"George, wake up."

Waking up the shorter man meant that he wouldn't be able to watch his adorable face as he slept. But he knew he couldn't just leave without saying anything.

"Hm?"

"I'm gonna go to the flea market really quick, okay? We'll arrive at my parents' house in about ten minutes."

After hearing George's noise of approval, Dream got out of his truck and shut the door as quietly as he could.

The sun shone bright today. No clouds. No nothing. There was a slight breeze, but not cold enough to wear a jacket.

People were scrambling around, going from stand to stand. Food, fruits, clothes, and loads of other things were sold.

Dream hasn't been there in a while, but he had remembered his parents telling him that they sold the best fruits. So why not bring some for them?

He walked to the nearest fruit stand, greeting the seller with a "hello" and a smile. He was handed a few bags to put his fruits inside.

Thanking her, Dream observed every single basket. Green apples, red apples, oranges, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, mangos, and a lot more were laid out.

He picked about four mangos, two containers of strawberries, and a watermelon. After paying for his items, Dream was beginning to walk away when he noticed a smaller, broken down stand. There was an old man sitting sitting on a stool, smiling at strangers as he handed them flowers.

The blond went back to his truck, placing his bags in the trunk along with the watermelon, rushing back to the stands once he finished. Dream waited patiently for his turn.

"Hello, young sir," the man grinned, "would you care for a flower?"

Dream nodded, watching as the man pulled out a random flower.

"A rose," he began, "the flower of love. Although they may be a basic type of flower, roses can represent a true romance. They speak of love in different languages in their own special ways."

'Love,' thought Dream.

He got a hold of the rose, holding it in one hand while the other hand went to reach for his wallet.

"They're for free." Dream looked up at him and smiled.

"No, I insist." He took out five dollars from his wallet and gave it to the man. "I appreciate it. Happy holidays!"

"Thank you, you too!"

And like that, Dream waved goodbye and went back to his car. On the way there, he thought about the rose. Obviously, he got it for George.

George couldn't actually see red, so the rose would just look brown to him. But it's the thought that matters, right?

He was glad that he had gotten a rose. Roses are gorgeous. And so is George. George was like his rose.

The bright red color reminds him of George's face when he was embarrassed. The thorns remind him of all the bad times they had. But thorns can easily be cut off. The same goes with bad memories.

As long as Dream has his rose with him, he is always going to be okay.

——————————

"George, come on."

He had been trying to wake George up for the past five minutes.

"My parents aren't home, but we still gotta go inside."

The brunet groaned, mumbling a few words. "Fine."

It was about 12 o'clock in the afternoon, yet George is still tired. He sleeps all the time, like a bear in hibernation.

"I'll take Patches. You take the rest."

The blond chuckled, shaking his head as he got out of the car with George. "Definitely not. You're gonna help me this time."

He opened the trunk and turned to face the Brit. "But I got Patches in my hands. What if I drop her?"

Dream sighed, taking out one suitcase at a time. "Alright, take the key then. Go open the door and at least take the present bag for me."

George giggled and took the white trash bag that held the presents as he skipped away with the cat.

Turning back to the suitcases, he had remembered that he put the rose in the fruit bags. He hoped that petals wouldn't fall off soon.

He took his and George's suitcases first. Dream followed the driveway up to the two story house. He hasn't been at his parents' house in a while. There were a few made to the house, but it looked great

"Wow, this couch is so comfortable."

His eyes flickered to the brunet slightly bouncing on the black sofa. Patches was now roaming the grounds freely.

Dream went back to his car. Grabbing the miniature suitcase was a lot easier than the other two. He held the watermelon and Patches' suitcase in one hand and the two bags of fruit in the other.

It was difficult to close the trunk, but he somehow managed to do so.

He was extra careful with the bag that had the rose.

"I put the bag over there," spoke out George. He looked over at where he was pointing and nodded.

The blond went to the kitchen and placed the fruit on the counter.

'Maybe now is a good time.'

Taking out the rose, Dream walked over to where George was sitting. He kept the flower hidden by putting it behind his back.

"Hey, Georgie?" The shorter man looked up at him.

"Yeah?"

"I got you an early Christmas present."

"You did?"

"Yep."

He pulled the rose out from behind him. The sunlight shining in from the windows brightened up the color of the flower.

"Aw, Dream," he began, "it's so ugly."

Dream flipped him off.

"I'm joking, I'm joking."

George took the flower into his hands. He twirled it around, careful not to get cut by the thorns.

"I'm guessing it's supposed to be red."

The blond hummed in response. George looked so majestic when he observed the flower. Two beautiful roses were right in front of him.

"Can I get a cup with water to put it in."

He got up and went back to the kitchen. He filled a glass cup with water and went back to George. He sat down on the couch and placed it on the coffee table in front of them.

With the sound of a plop, the flower was placed into the cup.

They sat back for a minute, Dream watching George as he smiled.

"I love it."