His Rose

"George?!"

This was not happening. This was all just a nightmare, right?

His heart was pounding. He was terrified.

"George?! Wake up!"

Dream struggled to get off of his soon-to-be-burned bed without getting touched by the large flames of fire.

Holding on to his cat, Dream carefully stepped over everything in his way, coughing as the smoke filled his lungs.

Everything was perfectly fine before they went to sleep a few hours ago. What could've caused this?

"Come on, George! Get out of there!"

He hoped that George was awake and could hear his screams.

He opened the door, more fire waiting for him in the hallway.

"Shit."

Barely being able to see because of his blurry vision, he almost tripped on a piece of wood that had fallen from his ceiling. Dream could feel the heat against his skin.

Flames between him and George weren't going to stop the blonde. He had to save his rose.

Pushing the door to George's room didn't work. It didn't even budge. Something must be in the way.

He began to loudly bang on the door with one hand. Patches meowed worriedly against his chest.

Carefully, he backed away from the door, going back at it with more force with his foot.

The white door fell down with a crash.

"Dream!"

There sat George on his bed, wild flames rising higher around him.

"I can't get out," George yelled with fear.

Dream stayed still where he was standing. He knew that if he went in, he would be risking his own life and Patches'.

"Yes, you can. I need you to jump off the bed. Do you think you can do that?"

The blaring noise from the fire alarms made it difficult to hear George.

"I think I can."

He watched as George quickly hopped off, yelping in pain when his foot twisted, causing him to fall down.

"George!"

"I'm fine."

Dream felt horrible for not helping. But was there anything he could do?

"Give me your hand," said Dream once George was close enough. He pulled him over the fallen door and out into the hallway.

Still holding hands, they rushed downstairs, only to find more fierce flames.

"Well, what the fuck are we supposed to do now?" George asked in between coughs.

Without hesitation, he raced towards the front door, pulling George behind him.

There was less fire downstairs than upstairs, so it wasn't as difficult to pass by.

Firefighters were standing outside his door, ready to bust down the doors before he opened it.

"Get out! You're the last ones in the building!"

He nodded, taking George and Patches outside with everyone else. Dream turned around once they were far away. The whole apartment complex was in flames.

He found it weird that his apartment was the one that was on fire the most.

"Let's wait in my car. It'll be warmer in there," Dream said, lightly squeezing George's hand.

As they walked up to the vehicle, Dream noticed a slip of paper taped onto his door handle.

"What is it?"

Dream opened it, skimming through the neatly written note.

Hey, Clay. I'd be quite surprised if you are reading this right now. You're probably dead. But if I somehow failed my mission to kill you, here is a little note for you: did you miss me? I hope you had a warm Christmas with your little boyfriend. I really thought we could have been something. Guess I was wrong. I hope you have a miserable life. ~Love, Lucas

"Of course," he began, "it all makes sense now."

His full-of-anger eyes met the confused brunet's eyes.

"Lucas did this. The 'L' in all of my bad dreams were there to warn me of Lucas. I should have known."

"Dream, y-you're hurting me," whispered George.

He looked down, noticing that he was harshly squeezing the shorter man's small hand.

"Sorry."

Dream sighs, opening the door to his car to let Patches in. He was about to move out of the way so George could get in, but he was stopped.

"Wait!"

"George, what the hell? People are trying to sleep." He shifted forward because of George's pulling.

"You have to let me go in there!"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "No way. Do you not see that it's lit up right now?"

Dream made sure to not let him go.

"What's the item?"

The Brit sobbed. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he repeatedly hit Dream's chest.

"The rose."