Surprise Visit

The older boy woke up to the sudden call of his name. Dream saw George yawn and immediately sit up.

Dream couldn't believe his eyes. Was he dreaming? Did he hit his head somewhere?

'No, this can't be real. George lives all the way in England. I'm probably hallucinating.'

He walks past the man and unlocks his door. The pleasant smell of vanilla tickles his nostrils as he walks in.

"Wait, Dre-" The voice calling out to him was cut off by the closing door. Huh, something must be wrong with him if he keeps imagining things.

Not even ten seconds pass before someone knocks on the door. Dream hears the same voice calling out his name, only this time it's muffled.

"Dream, please let me in! Please!" The knocks were getting louder and rougher. There were sobs coming from the other side of the door. It left Dream wondering if he actually was hallucinating or not.

Looking down, Dream's eyes met the shorter one's chocolate brown eyes as he opened the door. They were filled with the salty liquid, a bit dripping down his face. His rosy cheeks stood out brightly in the light.

Wind chimes were heard in the distance. The man's sobs have quieted down, leaving nothing but sniffles to fill in the silence between them.

"George, it's actually you?" The brunet nodded, a few tears still dropping down. "I-I thought my head was just making this up."

"Of course it's me!" George kept staring into Dream's eyes. The emerald green color was not like how he had described, obviously because he is colorblind. A bright piss color replaced the actual color.

'Ah, right. This is the first time he's seen my face.' thought Dream. George was taking in all of his features, eyes scrambling up and down.

Without a warning, he wrapped his arms around Dream's neck, head resting on his chest. Surprised by the sudden action, Dream stood there awkwardly until he finally hugged George back. He tightly held George by his waist, ears and face quickly turning red.

"I'm sorry." George's whispers were quiet, but loud enough so that Dream could still hear them. "I'm so, so sorry." Dream lightly rubbed circles on his friend's back, hoping to calm down his crying. "Shh, it's okay," he responded. He didn't understand what he was sorry for; George didn't do anything wrong.

The hug was broken when Dream backed away to let the shivering man enter. He grabbed both of the suitcases sitting outside and rolled them inside. Dream closed the door to stop the cold breeze from entering.

"Follow me." Carrying George's suitcases, he took him upstairs to the guest room upstairs. He plopped them onto the neatly made bed, the brunet sitting down with them.

Dream stayed standing in front of him, ready to ask multiple questions. "What are you doing in Florida? How did you get my address? Lastly, what are you sorry for?" George looked away from the blond, staring at the furry creature that had waltzed into the room.

He crossed his arms, waiting for his friend's response. Dream noticed Patches jumping onto the bed, cuddling with his crush.

'You man stealer.'

George took a deep breath before answering his questions. "Sapnap gave me your address and told me to come over. Don't know why. I had nothing else to do so I guess it worked out." He looked up at Dream. "And I'm sorry for giving our friendship a break. I just had to get rid of some odd thoughts." George's eyes moved back down to the feline. "I'm also sorry for asking if you 'had fun' when we were on call. It was an inappropriate thing for me to do and I apologize."

Dream walked up to the brit and put his hand on his shoulder. "It's fine, George. And I'm also sorry. I shouldn't have told you all those cringy things. It made you uncomfortable and I completely understand why you needed a break."

The boys smiled at each other, delighted that there wasn't any more tension between them. There was still one thing that was on Dream's mind, more like someone. And it wasn't a good thing, but he chose to ignore the topic, not wanting to ruin the happy mood.

Dream was the first one to break eye contact. He looked down at his fluffy cat that was sitting in George's lap. "Patches seems to like you. She doesn't even let me hold her for five minutes."

"What? Jealous much?" said George. He giggled, holding onto the cat to make sure she didn't fall.

"Pfft, as if." He turned away, wheezing as he left the room.

——————————

The delicious smell of pasta drowned out the sweet vanilla scent of his house. Dream grabbed the plates of food and placed them on the counter. He took two glass cups out of a cabinet, as well as some wine from his pantry.

"Is this some kind of date?" asked the older boy. Dream felt a pair of eyes staring at his back as he poured wine into the two cups. "Of course, Georgie." He turned around and gave him a quick wink. Dream could've sworn he saw his friend's face change from pale to a bright shade of red.

They ate in comfortable silence, not wanting to disturb each other. "How long are you planning to stay here for?" Dream took both of their plates and shifted over to the sink. George's sighs were heard over the running water.

"I honestly don't know." He got up from the gray stool and walked to the cozy living room. "Maybe for a month or two." Wiping his hands on his pants, Dream picked up the cat that was following him. He sat down on the comfy couch next to George, not too close though.

"So, are we going to talk about him?" The brunet turned his head to face Dream. The smile that was once resting on his face had vanished.

//hello guys! so lately i've been thinking about how the title doesn't really match the story. like, i know it includes lyrics of the song, but it just doesn't work. that being said, i'm gonna change the name of the story soon and also the description. the story/plot isn't going to change tho. but yea, i'm going with "Flame Between a Rose" as the new title. you'll see why in future chapters🙈//