Don't You Get It?

"No! What the hell is wrong with you?"

George still sobbed in his arms, squirming around to attempt to escape his tight grasp.

"It's just a stupid rose. I could buy you a million more if you'd like," Dream whispered in his ear to calm him down. Though, the brunet's crying never stopped.

"You don't get it," George began, wiping away a few tears that flowed down his cheek, "that flower means a lot to me."

Dream looked away from the bright flames that were still being put out by the firefighters. He shifted his head down, looking into the brown eyes that were staring back at him.

"The rose was given to me from someone who has a special place in my heart. It hurts to hear that you think it's just a stupid flower."

His heart was beating faster than the speed of light. Dream was afraid that George could be able to hear it pounding.

"And I guess now would be the perfect time to..."

The blonde squinted his eyes in confusion. He could hardly move when he noticed George getting closer and closer to his face.

Was he trying to kiss him?

In an instant, he closed his eyes as he too began leaning in.

George.

The boy he's loved for so long.

Was trying to kiss him.

Maybe this was all just a dream. His mind was tricking him to believe that this was all real.

Or was this really happening?

He was beyond confused.

George is straight, isn't he? But then why would he be doing this?

'The rose was given to me from someone who has a special place in my heart.'

He constantly repeated that sentence in his head.

"Excuse me."

Dream opened his eyes, scrambling away from George. He cleared his throat to talk to the police officer that was standing in front of both of them.

"Yes? Is there something you need?"

"Just came here to tell you that you should probably find a hotel to stay in. Everyone else already left to find somewhere to stay."

He nodded.

"And I also wanted to check up on you two since y'all were in the apartment that was burning more than the rest of them."

Dream turned his head to look at the brunet. George kept his eyes away from him, watching the stars glisten in the sky instead.

"Yeah, we're fine," he responded.

"Do you happen to know how the fire started, young man?"

The blonde reached into his pocket, taking out the crumpled piece of paper. He gave it to the officer so he could read it.

"An acquaintance of mine did this out of jealousy."

He observed how the officer inspected the note.

"Do you know where he lives?"

"Yes, sir."

After putting Lucas' address into the officer's phone, they shook hands and went their separate ways.

"Have a good night!"

George was already in the car before Dream got in. He put on his seatbelt once he closed the door.

He sat there in silence, thinking about what was going to happen before the officer had interrupted them. George was silent too, but he wasn't asleep.

"Hey, George," he spoke in a gentle voice. Dream heard him hum in response, but no eye contact was made.

"What...what were you trying to do before the police officer came to talk to us?" He let Patches crawl into his lap as he patiently waited to hear what George was going to say.

"When was the last time you streamed on Twitch?"

"Huh?"

"You haven't posted anything on Twitter either. What if your fans are worried?"

He whipped his head around to look at the shorter man next to him.

"What does this got to do with what I asked you?"

"Dream, don't you get it?"

The dim light produced by the moon shimmered on George's face—which was now turned towards Dream. He looked absolutely gorgeous.

"No, I-"

Cold hands pulled his face forwards, not even allowing Dream to complete his sentence.

His lips met soft, plump ones. The kiss was warm and passionate. It was as if the world around them froze just for this moment. There was nothing that could interrupt them. Nothing at all.

Dream was the first to pull away, pinching himself to make sure this wasn't a dream.

"Holy shit," he mumbled quietly under his breath.

Patches got up from his lap after almost being squished, jumping into the backseats.

"I like you, Dream."

His eyes widened even more than before.

"A lot."

it's sad to say that the next chapter is the last one. we've come so far and it's almost over. i'll see you guys next wednesday :)