Just Another Night

//quick note: in case you haven't seen my tweet from a few days ago, i've been thinking of writing a new story! of course, this doesn't mean that i'll stop writing this story. i might start it soon👀//

——————————

"That will be $9.99, sir!" The lady across from Dream shot him a smile. Dream came to a local phone store to fix his broken screen protector. His phone seemed to work perfectly fine even after being thrown across the room.

Dream gave the worker ten dollars and waited for his penny. He wasn't in the happiest mood because of what had happened a few days ago.

Dream slipped the penny given to him into his pocket and said his thanks. He began walking towards the door when a voice called out to him.

"E-excuse me," Dream turned to see the lady standing behind him a few feet away. She seemed to have a light blush on her face. His eyes moved down to a blue name tag that was clipped on her shirt. "Taylor" was written out with pretty handwriting. Her dark brown hair was slightly covering the tag. Dream's eyes went back up to meet Taylor's blue ones.

"I was just wondering if you had a girlfriend." Taylor fiddled with her fingers as she stared at the man. Dream didn't have a lover, but she didn't need to know that.

"Yes, I am happily taken by someone, sorry." He gave her a small fake smile and turned back around until his wrist was snatched from his pocket. Taylor just wouldn't give up, would she?

"Well, she doesn't need to know." Her eyes were twinkling in the bright light. She winked at him before she dropped his hand and turned to see someone walking towards them.

"Taylor, what the hell are you doing?" A tall man with brown curly hair was staring at Taylor, with a hand on his hip. He was a few inches taller than Dream and quite attractive.

Dream checked out the man in front of him. His eyes were a hazel-ish color and his face was clear from acne (pimples not found). His jawline was incredibly perfect. The man's name tag read "Lucas".

When Dream looked around, he noticed that Taylor had walked away, leaving him alone with Lucas.

"I'm so sorry about her. You looked uncomfortable so I just had to step in." Dream really was uncomfortable with Taylor, but definitely not with Lucas.

"Er, yeah thanks for that." The man chuckled and held out his hand.

"I'm Lucas. Nice to meet you." They shook hands, Dream not wanting to let go. Lucas' hands were about the same size as his.

"Clay. U-uh, I'm Clay. Nice to meet you too!" Dream put his hands back into the large pocket on the front of his hoodie.

There was an awkward silence between them before Lucas spoke up.

"Hey, um, do you happen to be gay?" Dream looked up at him and noticed the light shade of pink dusted on his cheeks. He could feel himself heat up.

"Sorry, I just happened to be listening to your conversation with Taylor a few minutes ago. You said you were taken. Is that true?"

Dream certainly wasn't at all. He felt guilty for liking two guys at the same time. He obviously knew George longer than this man. They weren't even dating, but he still was ashamed of himself for talking to another guy.

"Yea, I'm gay and I actually do have a boyfriend." Dream let out a quiet chuckle. He felt bad for lying, but he didn't want to see anyone else other than George.

--------------------

Dream left the store after finishing his conversation with Lucas. He put his hood up when he felt the cold breeze touch his sensitive skin. It was the first day of December and it's rarely cold in Florida.

People were minding their own businesses as they were entering and exiting small shops. Lamps flickered as Dream walked down the street. His apartment wasn't too far, which is why he decided to not drive to the phone store.

Once he got inside his lovely home, Dream locked the door behind him and turned on the lights. He found his cat sleeping in between the pillows on his couch. He smiled at Patches and went to the bathroom upstairs.

Turning on the lights, a man with dark eye bags was revealed. Dream hasn't been taking good care of himself lately. He went closer to the mirror and noticed little pricks of hair on his chin. Dream would normally shave it off because it made him feel old.

'Ugh. What am I even looking at?'  he thought to himself.

He shuffled out of the bathroom and went to his room.

The moon was shining its light through the window. Dream flopped onto his bed; the bed which he had cried himself to sleep in for the past few days. He would let his emotions out while listening to a specific song. Today was another one of those days.

The song started off quickly, almost startling him. He let a few lyrics play, listening to the majestic voice. Dream knew every single word and he quietly sang in harmony with the singer.

'Oh, baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you
I need you here to stay
I broke all my bones that day I found you
Crying at the lake
Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden, oh
And if I could take it all back
I swear that I would pull you from the tide'

Dream let the rest of the song play without him singing. His face was buried into his pillow. It was already wet from the day before. The bed squeaked as he turned to lay on his back.

Staring at the ceiling, Dream put his hands in his soft hair. Tears were still falling, but he had no plan to stop them.

George was constantly on his mind. The brunette he loved wanted to take a break and Dream respected his choice. He missed seeing his beautiful face, hearing his sweet British accent, and playing Minecraft with him.

The universe seemed to hear his callings.

His phone was vibrating in his back pocket. Dream wiped away his tears and observed the name of who was calling him.

'George.'

Even though he wanted to hear his voice, Dream couldn't bring himself to answer George's call. What would they even talk about? He put his phone away in the drawer of his nightstand, allowing the vibration to keep repeating.

--------------------

edit: I changed the name from adrian to lucas because of all the adrians in different stories.