Empty Box

"You're a strange guy," Dream says as he pulls out two gifts wrapped in blue wrapping paper from under the huge Christmas tree.

George's giggles fill the living room. He smiled, moving back to his comfortable spot on the couch.

"Oh, you're gonna enjoy my presents, Georgie."

Handing him the smaller gift first, Dream laid back as he observed the brunet. He chuckled when he noticed George struggling to take off the wrapping paper.

"Why'd you use so much tape?"

He shrugged, taking out his phone to record his friend. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Dream wanted to remember this moment for eternity.

"Such a tiny box. It's almost the same size as boxes for-"

Dream noticed the change in George's brown eyes. His grin grew bigger as the Brit stared at him with a confused look.

"There's no way you got me them..."

The simple box was now free from the wrapping paper. Its dull brown color gave no clues on what was inside, but Dream knew that George probably had already figured out what it was based on how his eyes began to get red.

Slowly opening the box, George quietly gasped as he took out the item.

And there they were; colorblind glasses. Not to mention, very expensive ones.

"I know you did not just waste your money just so I could see stupid colors."

"They're not stupid, George. They're absolutely gorgeous."

'Just like you,' he said in his mind.

"And I want you to be able to see them. Red and green are the colors of Christmas. It would be a shame to not have the chance to see them."

The blond was on the verge of tears just by watching drops of a clear liquid stroll down the older's face.

"Shut up. You're so cringy," George said in a joking way.

Dream watched as George placed the black glasses on the bridge of his nose. There were a few seconds of silence before Dream heard the brunet take in a deep breath. He looked at him with wide eyes.

"Woah..."

They kept eye contact for what seemed like ten minutes. Freaking out about how cute George looked was not the best thing to do right now. One thing's for sure–Dream was head over heels for him.

"Dream, you're staring." He quickly shook away his thoughts, still looking at the short man in front of him.

"I know you're not talking. You've been looking at me for so long now."

'And that's how you make someone easily flustered.'

George turned his head, pushing up his new glasses with his index finger.

"Your eyes," he began, "they're so pretty."

He raised his eyebrows, a cocky grin creeping onto his face. "You really think so?" Dream received a hum of agreement. "You can keep staring if you want."

Surprisingly, George turned his head once again, making eye contact with him like before. Dream moved forward from his spot, inching closer to his crush's face. "Is this better?" Dream himself was heating up. His heart was beating faster and faster by the second.

"That's so gay."

In sync, both guys snapped their heads towards the person who had interrupted them.

"Drista! Didn't I tell you to leave them alone?"

There stood his sister behind them, along with his mom. Drista had a huge smile on her face.

"Sorry. Continue with what you were doing," she said as she quickly walked away to her room.

Embarrassed, he looked down at the bigger present in his lap. Dream cleared his throat. "Wanna open this one in my room?"

The brunet nodded.

--------------------

A smirk returned on his face as he handed the boy his next present.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"No reason," he claimed.

This one was easier to open since it had less tape. Dream sat crisscrossed on his bed in front of George. He was nervous just by thinking about how George would react. Would he be mad? Or would he laugh?

"What the actual fuck?"

Dream let out a wheeze, placing both of his hands on his knees. "Do you like it?" George held up the outfit after taking it out of the box.

"A maid outfit? Really?" George finally joined in with Dream's laughter.

"Wear it for me. I need a picture, Georgie."

"No! That's just weird," he giggled.

"Clay! Could you come down for a sec?" His mom shouted from downstairs.

"I'll be right back."

He bounced off of his bed, his feet dragging on the floor as he walked out of his room. There was a sweet smell in the air as he began walking towards the kitchen. "What smells so delicious?"

Dream found his mom decorating some snacks at the counter. "Cookies," she responded. She handed him a plate full of multiple cookies. Warmth takes over his hands from holding the fresh out of the oven snacks.

"Thanks, mom." He was about to walk away before she stopped him.

"Hey, where's this pretty rose from?"

Turning his body to face his mom, Dream put a hand on the back of his neck. "I got it for George," he whispered as he looked away. His mom hummed, shooting him a huge and loving smile. "That's cute! Now, I won't keep you any longer. Go back to your little boyfriend."

The blond rolled his eyes, shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Yo, George-"

The short brunet was nowhere to be seen. Dream placed the plate on his bed, taking a cookie with him.

There were quiet noises coming from his closet. "George?" He took a bite of his cookie as he waited for a response.

"I'm in here."

"Why?"

"Um, Patches came in here so I followed her."

"Oh, alright."

Something looked different in his room. The box that once had the maid outfit inside was now empty. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "George, where's the-"

Dream's closet door opened before he could even finish his sentence. He froze, letting his cookie drop with a soft thud.

"Wow..."

imagine leaving your readers on a cliffhanger. couldn't be me <3