Part 31~Tentacles

Okabe narrowed his eyes, the octopus and the new kid were related? His head was too fuzzy for this. Burying his head into Karma's shoulder, he groaned slightly.

"We are family," Itona continued with a scary glare. "We don't need to resort to cheap tricks, do we, big brother? Killing you will prove I'm the stronger one. After school, we'll fight in here. Today will be your last day teaching. You had better say goodbye to your students." Itona walked out of the hole in the wall, leaving behind the confused class.

"What did he mean 'siblings?!'"

"He's human and you're... you're an octopus-thingy for one!"

"No no! I can't be!" Koro-sensei was in denial. "I have no idea what he's talking about! I was an only child! I wanted a little brother and I was more than my parents could handle!"

Could they really be brothers? Or is it just a ruse to fluster Koro-sensei? Nagisa narrowed his eyes. There was something familiar about Itona.

"I'm sorry for the sudden revelation, Mr Karasuma. But that boy's existence was highly classified. You didn't need to know about him until now. But I give you my word, he is Koro-sensei's younger brother. And that will become apparent to everybody after school today."

"Look at him chow down," Maehara whispered, looking at Itona who was surrounded by junk food. "He has a sweet tooth just like Koro-sensei."

"And his expression is hard to read too," Isogai added.

"This 'brother-bother' is causing everybody to compare me to him. I don't like it," Koro-sensei hissed uncomfortably. "I'll relax with some pinup girls in this manga magazine. Which is a grown-up hobby he can't imitate." Koro-sensei pulled out a magazine that probably shouldn't be in school. Naturally, Itona pulled out the same one.

"That doesn't mean anything," Okajima stated with sweat pouring down his forehead.

"Why not?" Nagisa didn't really care but it was a weird coincidence.

"Oh, come on! A lot of guys like big boobs!" Okajima pulled out his own magazine.

"Not me," Karma stated as Okabe dragged himself back into the room and collapsed onto Karma's lap.

"Yeah, we got that."

Karma let out a sweet laugh, pulling Okabe closer. "You feeling better?" Okabe shook his head, groaning into Karma's shoulder. Karma sighed, running his hand through Okabe's hair.

"Never let me Bone's food again," Okabe commanded.

"You would think you've learnt by this point. You recognised the poison from the first bite," Nagisa commented as Okabe stuck his tongue out.

"Shut up, Vi. You don't know my pain. You chose to eat with us, you can just go home to your loving mother and eat with her." If Okabe wasn't so delirious, he might have chosen his words a bit more carefully. However, Okabe was still coming down from the poison and his life decision skills were not up to scratch.

Nagisa glared at Okabe, he hooked his foot under their chair and pulled it forward, causing them both to crash to the floor. Nagisa stood up, pushing the fake blade into Okabe's back. "Mention my home life again, and you won't live to see yours ever again."

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

Once the day was over, the class moved the tables out the way- forming a protective circle for those students still watching. Koro-sensei and Itona were standing in the centre, waiting for each other.

"A ring made out of our desks?" Ms Vitch had her arms folded under her chest, standing by the scowling Karasuma.

"Right. This is like a deathmatch. I've never seen anyone try to assassinate their target like this before."

Shiro was clearly feeling smug, waiting for Itona to win. "I'm sure you're tired of ordinary assassination attempts, Koro-sensei. So why don't we set some rules? The moment one of us steps outside this ring, we accept execution! How's that sound?"

"What the...? Who's gonna enforce that rule?" Sugino didn't seem to believe in the enforcement of social expectations.

"He will," Karma answered monotonously. "The students know the rule, so if he breaks it, he'll lose their trust as a teacher. It's actually a pretty clever way to handicap Koro-sensei."

"Yeah, you did something very similar back at the start," Okabe stated from his place on the desk. Okabe had finally gotten rid of all the poison in his system and was watching carefully, his eyes flicking back and forth between the two 'brothers'.

"Okay, I accept," Koro-sensei announced proudly. "But Itona, if you harm the spectators, you lose too."

"On my mark," Shiro announced, holding up his arm. "Assassination begin!" Shiro threw down his arm, announcing the start.

In a split second, Koro-sensei's arm was chopped off, falling to the ground with a squishy plop.

"Unbelievable," Koro-sensei whispered, sweat falling freely. "Tentacles?!"

"No way," Okabe gasped as Nagisa's eyes widened.

"I remember now. He used to be one of Bones's... about four years ago, they saw him as a prodigy until he went crazy one day and tried to kill the boss. After that, he was kicked out and we haven't heard of him since." Nagisa frowned. Itona came to the organisation just as Nagisa was coming out of his training, they had only met once but Nagisa wouldn't forget that look in his eyes.

"Where did you get those tentacles?!" Koro-sensei's face turned black, anger encasing his flimsy body as his teeth sharpened.

"Why should we tell you, Koro-sensei? But isn't it obvious?" Shiro smirked as Itona's tentacles went wild around him. "Though you have different parents and grew up in different places, the two of you are brothers. My my, what a scary looking face that is. Have you remembered something unpleasant?"

Nagisa wanted to punch Shiro but that would put this whole thing in jeopardy so he held it off.

"When I'm done here, I'll have some questions for you," Koro-sensei announced, now pitch black.

"No. Because you'll be dead." Shiro let a small bit of his sleeve fall, a bright shining light flashing out. "When shot by this compressed laser from close range, a dilatancy reaction will occur in your cells and your body will momentarily become solid. I know every one of your weaknesses you know."

"Die big brother!" Itona threw his tentacles at Koro-sensei.

He might win this.

Koro-sensei might die.