Part 17~Kill

The monthly all-school assembly, a sombre event for students of class E.

"Hey, Nagisa! You must be tired," a pointless and useless student teased.

"It's a long hike from the top of the mountain to the mina school building, isn't?" His equally usless and idiotic friend joined in on the teasing.

It's a good thing Nagisa isn't allowed to retaliate or these two would be dead.

Class E is looked down on at the school assembly and everywhere else on the main campus. And they just have to grin and bear it.

"As vice principal, I honor you, the chosen few gathered from all around the country to study here; the elite! But... you dare not become complacent! If you let your guard down, you'll end up like those hopeless you-know-whos!" The vice principal looked over at the class as the school started laughing its usual mocking laugh. "Oh excuse me. Did I say that out loud?"

"Nagisa," Sugaya whispered to the blue haired assassin, "where's Karma and Okabe?"

"Okabe is out on a job. Since he doesn't have any family here and neither Karma or I can have him in our houses, he has to pay from an apartment and food, that means he still has to work to pay the bills. As for Karma, he ditched. He said he doesn't mind getting punished for skipping the assembly. He's a troublemaker all right, but I can see where he's coming from."

Nagisa had to force himself to come. He didn't mind skipping or getting into trouble, if there is one thing Nagisa is good at, it's manipulating people and if he needs to, he is sure he can get out of trouble. However... Karasuma was very controlling when it came to making sure Nagisa stayed under the radar.

"Next we have an announcement from the student council. Are the student council members prepared?"

Nagisa found himself drifting off when he noticed Karasuma entering the building.

"Who's that...?"

"I'd like to get to know him."

Nagisa rolled his eyes at the students' comments, good luck with that.

"I'm one of the teachers of class E. My name is Karasuma. I'm up at the 3-E classroom all the time so I thought I'd take this opportunity to greet the rest of you teachers," Karasuma explained to the ear by teacher.

"Oh. Yes. Hello."

"Mr. Karasua," Kurahashi called out, making Karasuma turn around. "We've decorated out knife sheaths."

"Cute, ain't it?" Nakamura held up her knife sheath showing off the sparkles making them cuter.

Karasuma rushed forward, pushing down the knife sheaths. He didn't mind the students decorating them but showing them in a school hall full of students was not a good idea.  Thankfully, his glare was just right to send the message.

"They seem to get along well with their teacher..."

"Lucky!"

"All our teachers are ugly. Even the hus in our class are ugly."

Before the students could say anything else the doors slammed open and Jelavich made her dramatic entrance.

"Okay... who's that?!"

"Is she a class E teacher too?"

Karasuma was not happy at the sudden entrance of the other teacher. "Why are you here, Irina?!"

"Oh, shut up," she snapped back. "I'm just here to gather intel for my next plan. Nagisa..."

Taking a deep breath, Nagisa prepared himself for the next attempt at getting his information.

"Your notebook with all the octopus's weaknesses in it... I want to borrow it."

Time to play the part. "What...? But... I've already told you everything."

"I know you're hiding the good stuff."

"No, really-" Nagisa couldn't finish when Jelavich pulled him into her chest. It's a really good thing Karma and Okabe are skipping.

"Just hand it over, or I'll suffocate you!"

"For real, Ms. Vitch!"

Thankfully, Karasuma came over and removed Jelavich from his student- though whether or not that was because he feared Nagisa might kill her was up for discussion.

"What are they doing?"

"Since when does class E get to have all the fun teachers?"

"Okay... The student council events are all printed on the handouts you just received," the student council representative announced, holding up a piece of paper and getting the assembly back under control.

Of course class E wasn't given the handout.

"Excuse me... class E didn't get the handouts yet," Isogai announced, holding up his hand.

"Oh? Really? That's strange.... I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten the ones for class E. You can borrow mine and memorize it." And once again, the students were laughing at class E. "That is, if you can read."

"What the hell is this...? Talk about spiteful," Jelavich grumbled under her breath.

Before it could continue, a large shock wave entered the room. "Isogai... Problem solved. Everyone seems to have a handwritten copy of the handout now," Koro-sensei boasted from between Karasuma and Jelavich.

"Yes. Oh, we have the handout. So go ahead, continue."

"What? No way! How?! Hey! Who spoiled our prank?! Oh.... err... uh-hum... Let's keep going."

Yet again Karasuma's glare told Koro-sensei everything he wanted to say. 'I thought I told you not to reveal yourself in front of the other students! Your very existence is a national secret you know!'

Of course, Koro-sensei wasn't bothered and didn't mind, he wore his 'amazing disguise' so there was no way someone could recognise him.

"I don't remember that teacher..."

"He's pretty tall... And seems like he's made of rubber."

Jelavich took this opportunity to try and kill Koro-sensei, swiping to her side until Karasuma once again stepped in and put her in an arm block. Class E couldn't help but laugh at them. She really doesn't give up, does she?

"We'll go ahead Nagisa,'' Sugino announced after they got out of the assembly.

"Okay. I'll catch up with you after I grab a soda." Nagisa smiled at his friends. That was one of the best assemblies ever.

"Hey, Nagisa. Aren't you guys getting a bit too carried away?" Once again it was them standing behind him; Tanaka and Tadaka.

"Laughing and having fun?"

"You're class E... The loser class. Accept it."

"Your life's crap and it's going to stay that way." When neither got a response out of the assassin, Tanaka pushed Nagisa up against the wall. "Say something class E! I'll kill you!"

Nagisa felt a smirk come to his face as he chuckled. The slam against the wall had caused his hair to fall down and cover his eyes in that iconic way. "You wouldn't know how..."

Both boys let go of Nagisa as he walked away, putting his hair up as he went. Great, now he is pissed off with no one to kill. Wonder if Okabe could use a hand...