Part 33~Bored

“Nagisa! I’m bored, skip school with me,” Zen shouted, his arms wrapped tightly around Nagisa’s body.

"I can't, now let me go!" Nagisa pushed Zen away, ducking out of the hug. "Go bother Bones."

"But Bones said if I interrupted her work one more time, she would break all 206 of my bones in alphabetical order. I don't want her to break my bones. Hey, how about I come with you to school? If Okabe can get in, I sure can." Zen looked up at Nagisa, puppy dog eyes on his face. "Pretty please. Let me come with."

Nagisa sighed, he had three options. One, leave Zen with one of the others and come back with him at best, maimed and at worse, dead. Two, dump Zen off on some unexpecting coffee shop where he will mope for the rest of the day and eat his own weight in cake. Or three, take him to school. The last option was the worst. To a coffee shop they go.

"Stay," Nagisa ordered, holding out his hand like he was trying to command a dog. Zen looked like he wanted to follow Nagisa but didn't want to disobey him. "Stay," Nagisa repeated, drawing out the word.

"But Nagi," Zen whined, shifting in his seat. "I want to come with you."

"No Zen, you need to stay. I'll be back soon, you just have to wait." Nagisa gave a loving kiss to the top of Zen's forehead before turning around and feeling from the room.

Zen whimpered a little, hitting his head against the table. He stabbed the chocolate cake with his knife, bringing the fluffy treat to his mouth.

"Huh? What's this?"

"The rainy season is finally over," Sugino cheered, linking his hands together behind his head. "It's outdoor season now! Let's go out and play!"

"Sure," Nagisa agreed, a light chuckle in his throat. "What should we do?"

Karma tapped his chin. "How's fishing sound?"

"Oh, that sounds fun," Okabe cheered, hugging Karma. "What shall you go fishing for?"

"Well, summer is juvenile delinquent season. Let's use Nagisa as bait to fish for thugs and extort money from them." Karma smirked at Nagisa who raised his eyebrow.

He flicked Karma, crossing his arms over his chest. "Or we could fish for some normal stuff like regular people."

"We're not regular people," Okabe claimed, laughing to himself.

"Nice pitch captain!"

Okabe glared slightly at the disruption. The baseball team was playing a little off to the side. The captain pitching with incredible speed and accuracy.

"Oh, if it isn't Sugino," the captain announced, turning to the group. "Long time no see."

Sugino actually looked happy for a brief second but he also had a small pain in his eyes. "Yeah..."

"Hey, Sugino!"

"What's up? You should visit us now and then."

"Heh... That would be kinda weird." Sugino scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"You're pitching in next week's baseball game, right?"

"Huh? Come to think of it, we haven't decided yet. But, yeah, I'd like to be the pitcher." Sugino folded his arms, a pride streak running through him as he laughed.

"I'm looking forward to it. I'm jealous of you Sugino," one of the team members stated a blissful smile on his face. "You're in class E so you get to fool around all day. We're dead tired cause we have to practice and study."

"Stop it. You'll hurt his feelings," the captain teased, a smirk on his face. "Balancing sports and school work at a top-notch prep school is hard. Those who aren't called to the task don't have any responsibilities."

Karma growled before a smirk came to his face. "Wow, amazing... the way you talk, it sounds like you guys think you're some kind of chosen ones." Karma's hair fell in front of his eyes, the murderous aura seeping out.

"Yeah. We are. Hard to accept huh? Well, we'll prove it to you next week at the tournament. We'll show you who's on top and who's on the bottom. As if we didn't already know by now." The captain crossed over his arms as a low chuckle echoed around the corner.

"I suggest you be more careful about who you are picking fights with." The chuckle turned into a full manic laugh as the figure walked out, a knife in his hand.

"Stop threatening people Zen," Nagisa growled, kicking Zen over the head and causing him to collapse. "And I thought I told you to stay at the shop."

"The big target told me to come," Zen whispered, rubbing the back of his head.

"Koro-sensei? He is going to regret that." Nagisa grabbed the back on Zen's collar, dragging him back up the mountain. "Come on, let's go."

"Koro-sensei! Why did you let him in?!" Nagisa threw down Zen in front of the yellow octopus who had that all-knowing smile.

"What's wrong with wanting to bring someone who wants to learn to my classroom? And little Zen was so upset when you left him." Koro-sensei petted Zen's hair as he smiled.

"You know he's an assassin, right?"

"As is most people in this class. Zen can stay."

Zen let out a cheer as Nagisa sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't be so sad, Vi." Zen hopped up, hugging Nagisa. "I can be useful too. Don't you have that baseball match coming up? I can help you with it! I was a national champion back when I used to have a normal life."

"I know, you pitch when you get agitated. I've hidden so many baseballs around the house they haunt me in my sleep." Nagisa rubbed his eyes as Zen chuckled.

"Wait... what?! You've been hiding my baseballs? That's mean, Vi."

Nagisa patted Zen's head with some sympathy but he honestly didn't care. Those baseballs were taking over their life, he had every right to get rid of them.

"You know," Sugino whispered, rubbing his chin. "I've always wondered, why do you guys keep calling Nagisa 'Vi?'"

Okabe laughed as Zen's eyes sparkled. "That's because he's our little viper! He acts all tough and dangerous by he is really just a small noodle." Zen booped Nagisa's nose, laughing from the tired look in Nagisa's eyes.

"Why did I ever become friends with you?"

"I don't know but whatever it was I most have done it well since you're my boyfriend too."