Part 16~Lectures

Well, this was awkward. Nagisa tapped his fingers on the side of the table. It wasn't like he had much to do. Professor Jelavich was still angry and wasn't teaching them and that meant that those few who actually knew the textbook were pretty bored.

"Ha ha... Ms. Hellabitch seems pretty ticked off," Karma teased with a smirk. "Being shown up like that and all."

"Yeah, well that is to be expected with someone as useless as her," Okabe joined in, his own smirk widening. Strangely, Jelavich did not raise the taunt from either student. Maybe she didn't hear them?

Sugino looked deep in thought as he spoke up. "Um... If you're not going to teach us, could we at least have Koro-sensei back? We still have to prepare for our college entrance exams, so..."

"Ha! You want that monster to teach you?! Your college entrance exams are more important to you than the end of the world?! You brats don't get it do you?! Besides, I heard that class E is the last stop for rejects and losers. What good will it do to study anyway?"

That was not a good move, Jelavich.

"I know... how about this? I'll give you five million each if I succeed in assassinating him! That's more than you'll see in your whole entire life. It's better than pretending you'll actually be somebody someday. So why don't you just do as I say and-" she didn't get to finish as a rubber hit the black board behind her head.

"Get out," Nagisa ordered, Okabe and Karma flanking him. The class glared at her, cold eyes hitting deep within her soul.

The class started shouting, throwing rubbers and pointing at her murderously. Nagisa moved ever-so-slightly to cover his head from the flying objects. He sent a small glance to Karma and Okabe who were both getting in on the attack. 'This is why they didn't get into the order,' Nagisa thought to himself before he spotted Karasuma groaning to himself at the window.

"What the hell is wrong with these kids?! They get to spend time with me! Look at me... who wouldn't want that?!" Jelavich slammed her hand down on Karasuma's desk, screeching at the top of her lungs.

"I can't imagine why they're not grateful," Karasuma grumbled irritated. "Look, if you want to stay here and finish the job, you'll have to go and apologize to them."

"What?! Which job?! I'm not a teacher! I'm an assassin!"

"...Fine. Come with me."

Peering around the corner, Karasuma let Jelavich see Koro-sensei who was writing down something on a clipboard.

"What's he doing?"

"He's making up quiz questions. He does this every wednesday during 6th period," Karasuma explained with his usual scowl.

Koro-sensei messed up causing him to spit grape juice over the test he was working on. Tears poured from his eyes as he threw away the paper.

"Now he has to redo it."

"Stupid," Jelavich commented. "Doesn't he know to be careful with grape juice because it steins? Why is he taking so long anyway? He can move at Mach 20! He should be able to write a quiz in minutes."

"He's creating a unique quiz for each student. I couldn't believe my eyes when the students showed me. Different questions for each student, based on their strengths and weaknesses. A highly intelligent creature who wants to destroy our planet and is a nearly perfect teacher. Look at the students too!" Karasuma pointed across the space to show off the students playing a type of badminton.

"And? They're just playing."

"That's 'Assassination Badmition.' I taught them that. It trains them to accurately strike a moving target with a knife. They don't have any expeince in assassination so... And sure they're doing it for the reward but they all train diligently in between their classes. Target and teacher. Assassin and student. Everybody in this strange classroom is successfully jugging two roles at the same time. You keep saying you're a professional but if you can't manage being an assassin and a teacher at the same time, that makes you the least professional person here. And if you intend to stay here to finish the job, you'll have to show the students some respect. The assassination classroom wouldn't exist without them. All of us need to work together. If you can't get that through your head, I'll find someone who can. And where will That leave you...?"

Jelavich watched Karasuma walk away.

"Ooh? You got lectured by Karasuma-sensei? What did you do?"

Jelavich jumped away from Okabe who was smirking.

"So, you gonna tell us," Karma asked while throwing his arm around Okabe's shoulders 'casually'. "Did he get really mad? You gonna get fired?"

"Shut up! I'm not looisng out on this target cause of some stupid teenagers!"

"Oh, you think we're just going to let you take our kill," Okabe growled, cracking his knuckles.

Before Okabe or Jelavich could continue fighting, Nagisa hit Karma and Okabe on the top of their heads. "You are both idiots who won't be able to kill Koro-sensei unless you train."

"No, Nagi, let me go," Karma groaned, fighting against Nagisa's grip.

"Yeah, V, you can't control me," Okabe shouted, pushing away Nagisa but unable to get free.

"I think you'll find I can! Unless you want those pictures to get out," Nagisa threatened making both freeze.

Jelavich frowned at the assassin who was constantly able to beat her being controlled by... a normal student...? "What pictures?"

"Oh, I have a ton of blackmail for almost everyone in this school," Nagisa smiled sweetly as he spoke, waving off the question as if it didn't matter. "I probably have some for you. Or at least Bone will."

Jelavich looked at the blue haired teen who she had thought very little of at the start, just someone to get information off. "Who are you?"

Nagisa let out an innocent laugh. "Who I am matters very little right now. All that matters is who you are. You can hate so all you want, that won't make a difference in our abilities. But if we hate you, we can destroy every chance you have at killing the octopus. See you later Jelavich."

It wasn't a surprise that she actually tried to teach the next lesson.