Part 45~The Final Assassination?

"Now then... What on Earth are you going to do, hmm?" Koro-sensei smirked as Sugino chuckled.

"First, you'll get to enjoy a video Mimura put together," he explained while pointing over his shoulder. "And then the seven top testers will destroy your tentacles. That'll be the signal for us all to jump in and begin the assassination. Does that sound all right, Koro-sensei?"

"More than all right." Koro-sensei waved his fingers around as Mimura connected the video.

"Koro-sensei. I have to pat you down first," Nagisa announced as he began to check. "We may be surrounded by water but if you smuggled in that swimsuit, you'd still be able to get away."

"You're being so careful," Koro-sensei praised as Nagisa smirked.

"You have no idea." Nagisa stepped away as Koro-sensei sat down.

Okajima walked out the back as he flicked off the lights. "Here we go, Koro-sensei."

"Somewhere in Tokyo: Kunugigaoka Junior High, Class 3-E. As it happens, their teacher is also their assassination target. Tonight, the E Class recon team will close in on the ecology of this mystery man," the narrator said dramatically.

Silently, the class moved around, trying to see how many there were that night.

"This video really is well done," Koro-sensei praised. "You edited and narrated this, Mimura-kun? Nice camera blocking, good music... Really sharp. It pulls me right-" Koro-sensei didn't finish as the scene changed.

"Joining us today are those who shared top-secret intel with the recon team." Narrator Mimura pointed at Okajima and Maehara who stood in front of a chalk drawing of Koro-sensei. "We'll hear what they have to say... after this."

The camera turned to show Koro-sensei sitting on a pile of unsavoury magazines. Koro-sensei screamed as his bride failed.

"His current preference is mature office women. Here are all the dirty magazines this octopus has gathered."

"No! Come on, Okajima-kun! I told you guys not to tell anyone!"

"A giant shadow looms over the line for women-only cake buffet. Who could it be? It's him! His disguise can't last long. It's a miracle they found out he wasn't a woman without discovering he wasn't even human."

"Porn, cross-dressing and no a hint of shame," Hazama teased, making Okabe chuckle. "What a dirty pervert."

Nagisa crossed his arms over his chest as he resisted defending cross-dressing though Koro-sensei's use of it was wrong. crossing dressing in itself was valid if the person wanted to do it.

"When he's short before payday," narrator Minura continued, "this man lines up his images to get free tissues. And what does he do with them? Fries them up and eats them. Has he no dignity as an educator- nay, as a living being? And that's not all. We have a full hour of embarrassing footage of this instructor."

"Another hour of this?!"

The class snickered as Koro-sensei groaned. "I'm dead. I'm already dead. with all that out in the open... I can't go on living."

"Now, did you happen to notice anything while you sat through our top-secret video, Koro-sensei?"

Koro-sensei lifted his head up as the video came to an end. The whole chapel was filled with water. "I didn't sense any being poured in, that means, high tide! Someone musta shortened the support pilings on this here chapel. Seasick, shamed and now waterlogged.

The seven top members surrounded Koro-sensei. Nagisa smirked as he pushed the blue bullet inside the gun.

"You've slowed down quite a bit. Now for the main event," Terasaka claimed while pointing his gun at Koro-sensei. "A promise is a promise. No dodgin', now."

"Begin," Sugino shouted as each member fired their gun.

Karma smirked as he turned on the motor. The rope was pulled out of the water and tugged on the walls. Emerging from the sea, Okabe chuckled as he formed the hydraulic cage with the others.

Ritsu shot up as she pulled out her guns. "Commencing volley. Taking aim. Target area: one square meter around Koro-sensei."

The class fired off but they weren't actually trying to hit him. They surrounded him with the bullets as Chiba and Hayami emerged from the water.

"Game over."

Nagisa screamed as power shook out around him. He was thrown off the chapel with the rest as the assassination came to an end.

Nagisa gasped as he shook off the water, looking at the chapel. Karasuma and professor Vitch charged across the peer as they looked for any sign of the octopus.

It seemed fruitless until Kayano pointed to a stop of water that was bubbling. Everyone turned to point at the emerging creature but it wasn't the one they were expecting... at least not completely. Koro-sensei was nothing but a head and was surrounded with some clear coating. He was also tiny.

Koro-sensei chuckled as he smirked confidently. "My trump card of all trump cards: my absolute defence form! The exterior is crystallized high-density condensed energy. The energy remaining after shrinking my body down hardens in the shell around it. In this form, I'm absolutely invincible!"

"No way. So if you always stay in that form, we can never kill you," Yada exclaimed in horror.

"If only that were the case. This energy crystal will break down in about a day. This energy crystal will break down in about a day. And the moment it does, my body will re-inflate, absorbing energy and returning to its usual form. On the other hand, for one day or so until this crystal decays, I can't move an inch. This brings with it certain risks. What I'm most afraid of is being placed into a high-speed rocket during that time and left to float through the dark reaches of outer space. But I've thoroughly studied that eventuality. Nowhere in the world is there a rocket capable of making that flight within 24 hours."

There wasn't a way to defeat Koro-sensei now. Nagisa sighed as he pulled himself out of the water.

"What the fuck was that?!"

Nagisa turned his head, chuckling as Zen clung onto the upturned boat. Well, at least he didn't swim the way here. "Oh, you know. Koro-sensei blowing up, the usual."

"Oh right, the usual."

"Did you really steal a boat?"

"No! I paid for it! Why do you always assume I disobeyed the law?" Zen pulled himself onto the deck with a pout. "Hey, why's the class so depressing over there. I can basically feel the air of failure."

"Yeah, that's what happens when you give a bunch of teenagers the impossible task of killing the unkillable. They all reacted pretty badly when the plan we stressed over for so long failed. Remember the first time you failed a mission."

Zen blushed as he stammered. "W-What?! I've never failed in my life!"

Nagisa laughed as he swung his legs back and forth. "Oh sure. Mr I-can't-believe-I-let-them-all-down. You were sobbing in my room for well over a month. It wasn't even an important mission."

"You're so mean Nagi. Besides, I remember you getting super upset the first time you failed a mission."

"Well, that was different. My mistake almost killed Bones and took dad's eye. I was completely valid in being upset." Nagisa crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't like recalling that mission. He had been barely 8 at the time and he had accidentally tripped the alarm on the mission. They all got out but they weren't able to take out the target. Zen can still hear the cries of 8-year-old Nagisa holding onto the boss while apologising. That was the day the boss asked Nagisa to call him 'dad'.

"But it ended all well, right? I'm sure this one will too."

Nagisa smiled as he rested his head on Zen's shoulder only to jump up a second later. "I forget you were still soaking! Now I'm wet again!"

Zen burst out laughing as they shared the moment of peace. It didn't last long as shouting came for the hotel.