Part 42~Placements

Nagisa smirked as he dragged Karma and Okabe out of the building. He already knew the result of Karma's test but he liked to make the red-haired panic.

"Well, class, your scores in all subjects have arrived," Koro-sensei announced while tapping the folders against his desk. "Here goes. Starting with English: First in the E Class and first in the whole year level: Nakamura Rio!"

Nagisa gasped. It felt weird not to be at the top of the class but he was glad Nakamura was above him.

"Though your motivation did have a touch of whimsy that worried me," Koro-sensei claimed as Nakamura took the paper.

"Well, there's ten billion yen on the line, you know? Don't forget about that tentacle now, Koro-sensei."

"I won't." Koro-sensei pulled out the rest of the results, forcing them into the student's hand. Nagisa couldn't help but glare at the one mark he got wrong. That's just rude.

"Next up is Japanese: First in the E class... Kanzaki Yukiko! However, first in the year level goes to Asano Gakushuu of the A-Class!"

"Asano can really nab those points," Maehara groaned as he leaned into his hand.

"He's crazy tough," Mimura commented. "Nakamura only beat him in English by a single point."

"He isn't the top of the nation for nothing. Now weaknesses- not in any subject," Isogai added with a dark demeanour.

"You've got to take him down, or you'll never get to the top." Koro-sensei handed out the next lot of results. Nagisa wasn't so surprised by this low score but that was more because he hasn't had time to read when training Karma and completing missions. "Let's move on. In social studies, first in the E Class goes to Isogai Yuuma-kun. And as for first in the year level... Congratulations! You beat out Asano-kun to take the top spot!"

"We're two to one," Fuwa shouted as she drew the results on a piece of paper that hung from the window.

"Next up is science," Sugaya shouted excitedly. "Is it Okuda?"

"First in the E Class for science is Nagisa Shiota! And... Marvellous! First in the year level is also Nagisa Shiota!"

Nagisa smiled as he turned to Okuda. "Sorry about that. There's only so much time you can spend with Digit and Bones before it starts going in." Okuda nodded, happily accepting second place in the whole school.

"That's 3 to 1," Fuwa shouted as she drew the line. "We don't even have to hear how maths turned out! We've already won!"

The class cheered as Koro-sensei praised the top-scoring students.

"And so's what we're asking for in this little deal," Kimura shouted as Kurahashi cheered.

"So that just leaves math," Takebayashi stated as he pushed his glasses on his nose.

Turns out Asano claimed the top spot in maths.

"Aww, man, I can't believe I didn't get half marks on any of these," Okabe complained as he glared at his results.

"Well, Bones was keeping you busy, you didn't have much time to study," Nagisa comforted with a kind smile. "I'm sure you'll do better on the real exams."

Okabe sighed as he leaned against his hand. "Maybe, but we got to kill the target for that to happen. Hey, Vi, when are you going to actually start taking this seriously. You haven't done a proper attack yet."

Nagisa hummed as he looked up. "I actually have an idea that kind of needed us to win this bet. It's a little sad Karma didn't get first place in maths though."

"Yeah, he'll probably blame you for that one... hang on a second! You changed the subject!

"Yes, and you fell for it!"

Karma growled as he crushed the paper in his hand.

"The A-Class is mighty indeed. They monopolized basically the top seven ranks in overall scores for five subjects. Nagisa managed to creep in at fourth but both Kataoka and Takebayashi both tied for 8th place. That's to be expected. Everyone in the A-Class studied like mad, too. The tests' difficulty levels had been greatly increased. No lazy student could be expected to keep up."

"What are you trying to say?"

"You thought, 'I'm so cool I'll ace these exams, no sweat'? How mortifying!" Koro-sensei smirked as Karma shot away. "Three students have the right to destroy one of my tentacles: Nakamura-san, Isogai-kun and Nagisa-kun. You contributed nothing- not to this assassination and not to this wager. Is that understood? Those who can't do what they have to when the time for action comes will find their presence fading in our classroom. An assassin who neglects to sharpen his blade is no assassin at all. He's just a boastful brat swinging around a rusty sword."

"You don't know anything!" Karma hit away Koro-sensei's tentacles as he stormed off.

"All right, class, you had a fine showing in the finals, taking the top spot in three out of five subjects. Shall we get started with the assassination? The top three can choose any tentacle they like," Koro-sensei stated as he held up his tentacles with a green striped face.

"Woah there, octopus," Terasaka interrupted angrily. "We got more than three in the top spot!"

"No, there are three, Terasaka-kun. Out of Japanese, English, social studies, science, and maths."

"Huh? Quit playin' dumb!" Terasaka slapped away Koro-sensei's tentacle as he brought out his results. "Five subjects: that's Japanese, English, social studies, science and home ec!" Terasaka threw down the results with a smirk."

"H-Home ec?!"

"Nobody said what subjects we had to ace!"

"Good thing we all had a hand in this scheme," Hazama chuckled darkly.

"W-wait a second! Home ec is just-" Koro-sensei tried to defend himself. Bad choice.

"Just what? Isn't that a little rude, Koro-sensei? Why home ec is the toughest subject of them all," Karma claimed with a smirk on his face as the class cheered Terasaka on.

"Four of us scored highest in the most important subject: home ec," Sugaya shouted as Kurahashi jumped up.

"That's seven tentacles in all!"

"Sev-en! Sev-en! Sev-en! Seven?! Eeek!" Koro-sensei held onto his tentacles in panic.

"Oh, and Koro-sensei, we've been talking," Isogai said as he raised his arm. "We'll use your prize from the A-Class wager to help with this assassination."

"What?"

Karma paced as he waited. Nagisa sat on the couch, sipping at his tea as Okabe tried to calm Karma down.

The doors swung open as Karma spun around. The boss strolled out with a dark aura around him. "Before I tell you your result, have you decided on a name?

Karma gulped as his eyes shined. "Yeah, I've thought about this long and hard. You said my name should be a symbol of who I am as an assassin and how I work... And I decided... that I'm not changing my name. I am Karma, I bring justice back to those who do wrong and get away with it. I fight in any means possible to get the result."

Nagisa smirked as he stood up. "Told you he would impress you."

The boss laughed as he smiled widely. "Very well. Welcome to the family, Karma."

The Assassin Withinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें