Part 35~Swing to Kill

"Top of the first inning and the final boss already makes his appearance," Maehara joked with a smirk on his face.

"A-According to the information I just received, Terai-sensei, the coach of the baseball team, had been gravely ill since before the match began," the announcer lied. "Apparently, the players were so worried for their teacher that their hearts were not in the game! The principal could not simply stand by and do nothing so it appears he will be taking charge immediately!"

The crowd cheered as Zen scowled. Zen didn't like liars and that principal was the biggest liar.

"Batting fifth, the second baseman, Maehara-kun. How will they- Wh-what in the world is this?! They've brought the infield and outfield in! I have never seen the entire defence moved in like this!"

Zen growled at the new positions the baseball team had taken. That was not legal in any sense of the word.

"They know that all we've got is the bunt," Sugaya muttered disheartedly as Okajima turned to him.

"But they can't do that, right? Getting up close like that," he asked nervously.

Nagisa shook his head. "According to the rules, the defence can be positioned anywhere within the field of play. If the umpire made a call against it, that'd be a different story, but the teacher acting as an umpire is on their side. We can't expect anything from him," Nagisa explained, running his fingers through his hair. "Zen is not going to like this."

Maehara gasped as the ball hit against the bat.

"He popped it up," the announcer shouted as the number 6 player easily caught the ball. "Has the pressure of the infielders gotten to Maehara?!"

Maehara let out a frustrated sigh as he was sent out. Okajima was up to bat next but even he felt the dark aura now surrounding the team. It wasn't long before none of them could hit the pitch.

"The pitcher, Shindou-kun, is back in the grove!"

Zen was going to kill that announcer by the end of this. "Kayano, if I start to walk off, stop me."

Kayano jumped slightly but nodded as she watched Zen break off a part of the wire fencing.

"Leading off the inning, the left fielder, Hashimoto-kun," the announcer screamed as Hashimoto took his place with Nagisa behind him. "Sugino of E class, first pitch! And he throws! Woah!"

Nagisa easily caught the ball that Sugino had thrown. They had been practising together long before this event came around and both knew exactly where that ball was going to go. The girls were cheering as Sugaya chuckled. "Don't pitch to contact, Sugino. I'm not sure any of us can field the ball if it comes out way."

Sugino couldn't stop himself from laughing at Sugaya's joke. "I know."

"U-Unbelievable! He's struck out two in a row!"

"Karma-kun," Koro-sensei hissed from under Karma's feet.

"Don't show up right at my feet, coach Koro. You looking to get stepped on," Karma pointed out as Koro-sensei chuckled.

"You're leading off the next innings. How about we try shaking things up with some provocation from you?"

"Now, top of the second inning," the announcer shouted again. "Still going with the impregnable bunt defence! Batting eighth, the left fielder, Akabane-kun."

Karma stared at the fielders, his helmet resting on his bat as he took a casual stance.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and get in the batter's box," the umpire ordered but Karma wasn't impressed.