Part 21~Trip Begins

“As you all know, we’ll be going on a three-day, two night trip to Kyoto next week,” Karasuma started as the class sat waiting for their brief. “I don’t want to interfere with your fun but, this is a part of your mission too.”

“You mean, we’ll still be trying to kill him,” Okano tried to clarify.

“Exactly. Now, Kyoto is a large and complex city. And since you get to choose where you go sightseeing and since he’ll be accompanying you, all we need to know is where to put the snipers. We have several snipers already deployed to the city awaiting orders. If the assassination succeeds, the 100 million dollars will be divided among you- depending on your contribution. I’d appreciate it if you'd come up with some choice target zones.”

“Karma! Do you want to join my group?” Nagisa bounced up to Karma with a just-try-and-say-no-to-me smile plastered on his face.

“U-um, sure. What about you Oka?”

“Of course! I would love to spend time with my favourite assassins in training!" Okabe wrapped arms around both Karma and Nagisa, laughing happily.

"More like you want to spend time with Karma. If you want I could lead the rest of the team away to give you two a bit of alone time," Nagisa muttered under his breath making both boys blush.

"You're not going to get us in trouble, are you? Picking fights and stuff," Sugino asked worriedly.

"Don't worry. Don't worry," Karma 'soothed' while holding up a picture. "When I'm done there won't be any witnesses."

"Um... Maybe we shouldn't ask him." Sugino looked worried but Okabe and Nagisa found it funny.

"Maybe, but I know him pretty well so... Plus while Okabe is Karma is usually tame... tamer."

"All right then, who's in our group? Nagisa, Oka, Sugino, Kayano and...?"

"And Okuda," Kayano announced, holding the girl by her shoulders.

"I know it is one more than recommended but, would you mind if I join," Kanzaki asked shyly, making Sugino gasp.

"The prettiest girl in class off with us!"

"You know I can hear you, right?" Kayano looked pretty annoyed, a blush on her face.

"Ew, straights," Okabe muttered, making Karma laugh and Nagisa to adopt an 'I can't believe I'm friends with you' expression while silently despairing.

"You can join us, Kanzaki," Nagisa finalised since everyone else seemed to have gotten themselves distracted yet again. "No promises that we will be your best choice, but you can be in our group."

"Heh. You kids. It's just a school trip. I've been all over the world," Professor Vitch bragged coldly.

"Stay here then, Ms Vitch," Maehara suggested unemotionally.

"Yeah, you can water the plants," Yada added.

"Hey, what about the second day...?"

"Higashiyama would be nice."

"We need to keep the assassination in mind too..."

"But this place looks nicer."

"Hey! Let me in on the full, will you?!" Professor Vitch pointed her gun at Maeharra's head making him jump back in fear.

"Holy crap! Do you want to go or not?!"

"She's way too weird," Nagisa muttered to Karma who laughed.

Okabe stuck his tongue out at Professor Vitch. "She's too needy."

Nagisa raised his eyebrow at the teen who currently had his arms around Karma, hugging him like he was about to disappear. "Right. You're not needy at all."

"One per student," Koro-sensei announced, holding up huge books.

"Weighs a ton," Mimura gasped, almost dropping the book, Kurahashi not fairing up much better.

"What is this, Koro-sensei?"

"It's my school trip travel guide," Koro-sensei announced proudly.

"It's huge!"

"There's a description of every sightseeing spot with illustrations. A list of the top 100 souvenirs, and self-defence techniques that double as household chores! Wax on... Wax off! I wrote it and printed it last night. The first edition even comes with a paper model golden pavilion." Koro-sensei held up the model like a prize possession.

"Little over-excited there? Both our teachers are crazy! Besides, can't you zip over there anytime you want, Koro-sensei?"

"Of course. But going on a trip and moving from place to place are two different things. It's the journey together that I'm looking forward to!"

Nagisa sighed but smiled sweetly. This was going to be an experience to remember.

"Whoa, classes A through D get to ride first class," Sugaya commented with a disappointed expression.

"And we get a coach. Like always," Nakamura grumbled disheartened.

"That's the rule. Always has been." And he's back, here to piss off the second youngest assassin in the world. "You aren't good enough for first class."

"And don't try to sneak in here either losers."

"Excuse me. Hello students." Professor Vitch entered looking way too dressed up for the situation.

"Ms Vitch, what's with the get-up?"

She laughed as if she wasn't already standing out. "If you've got it, flaunt it and use it. Gathering intel and getting close to a target is so much easier when you don't look like a dork. I call it 'using my learning curves.'"

"It looks like Hollywood threw up on you. That's not appropriate attire for a teacher on a school trip," Karasuma stated bluntly.

"Oh, Karasuma. I'm just trying to show the kids how a grown-up travels."

"Change. Now."

"I feel like we're the ones chaperoning her... She's only done elite hits. She doesn't know how normal people live."

"How pathetic, I can't believe she used to be my rival," Okabe hissed, glaring at the 'pathetic' women in the corner.

"I'm a much better rival for you," Karma said lowly, playing with Okabe's hair.

"You haven't even landed one hit yet," Nagisa stated, making Karma flinch.

"Not cool Nagi."

"Hey, I think you're a great rival," Okabe said sweetly. "Strong and dependable. You know you are the best."

"You both do realise there are others here as well," Nagisa pointed out, making the other teens jump apart. "You both are idiots." Nagisa turned his attention to his phone, noticing the familiar ID.

'Hey, Vi! I'm on my way, I'll see you later, k. Stay safe my little snake!'

Rolling his eyes but smiling Nagisa typed out his reply. 'See you soon.'