Prologue

Slow October breezes, a rainless dark sky void of the gleaming twinklers the night glory is nowhere near. The trees stilled no whispers to be heard.

There in amidst the woods, a short distance from the chaotic city Lucknow, the board doors of The Khan Haveli, stands tall.

Doors closed as always, away from all the chaos, silence prevailed the large wall, strangling the members with every breath.

The empty hall screams, corridors echoes of the loses, haunting Sadia with each step she takes.
But even if it stings, Sadia Khan knows to face it, she bears her pain, always had done this.

As she comes near to the hallway of the first floor, her steps halt in front of a certain room.

The last room to the left, she smiles. The closed-door is a sign, he left her here.
But that's what he suppose to do, to left her just like she did all those years ago.

With a worrying glance, she steps inside, why she doesn't know. The bedroom is clean, she made sure of it, not a thing misplaced.

A photograph placed by the bedside. A smiling little boy of nearly three with charcoal orbs looked back at her, she steps back.

"Come back soon, Ahad."

She abandoned him years ago, he did the same.
Karma hits you back.
She snatched his home decades ago, he didn't accept her in his family anymore.

She sighs, no matter what, truth is painful, but she had to bear it, always have to. She has suffered a lot only because of silence.
Her silence mocks her.

The sound coming from the hallway brings her back, finally, she is here.

Carrying all two chart holders on the left shoulder, bag on the right, car keys on her fingers and she is walking mindlessly.

And hard it was, and this long drive from the main city is frustrating her more. Alizeah is so done with all this silence and chaos. All she wants is a peaceful life with her husband.
A husband, wall smirked at the mere thought.

"Where were you Alizeah? It's already past eleven. Apko waqt ka koi andaza hai bhi ke nahi."

And here comes her mother in law, Sadia Khan, can this day get anymore worst than this.

With the last ounce of patience left in her, she said,
"Aj hume site pe jana tha isliye waqt lg gya, uske baad meeting bhi thi humari."

"Toh apne Haider toh call kia?"
And that's when it touches her buttom.

"Jee kiya tha, apke bete ne uthaya nahi. He didn't tell you about the texts I send him?"

"Alizeah...

"She called me Ammi."
A sweet voice said from the other end.

Clad in her cotton salwar, a sweet smile, Hadiya stands there with her phone in glue to her ear.

"Continue with your call, Hadiya." Alizeah smiles.