4. ||Dard||

Flashback in bold. Like comment

Passing through the lanes of the past is not easy. But once in a while, it gives peace. Arhaan's memory of these lanes was the same, A wind passes as the sky today is dark, filled with clouds, taking him back in her memories.

"Haaye Meri Sherni aj bhi gussa thoda sa hi toh late hun maine."

"Thoda sa?? Puree 2hrs late ho Arhaan, kitna intezaar krwate ho!"

"Tum karti bhi toh meri Jaana"

"Agar sawaal tum ho, toh jawab mai, aur iss jawab ko uss sawal ka humesha Intezaar rehega."

"Haaye yeh baatein apki qatilyana, adaein kya kaam thi joh inn baaton se toh maar rahi ho"

"Allah qasam Arhaan aj peeth jaoge, ruko tum.."

Running around these lanes, laughing being carefree sometimes even barefoot at midnight, memories have their own way to the heart.

Those memories bring a smile to Arhaan's lips. This place is where his abode lies, where he lived his most happy days, where he got the love of his life. That was his last summer here, a beautiful summer with her.

A rare genuine smile started shining on his face as he looked forward to the view. Everything is the same just not them this time. In past years, he has never felt this peace, maybe peace only lies here.

Maybe they were in love but not meant to be together, and when he loved her, he didn't put the condition to stay in a relationship forever right. While scrolling her Instagram he saw the last post, it's posted two weeks ago. The sadness is prominent in those brown orbs yet she smiles making him lose a breath, just like all those years ago. The memory of their last day is very clear in his mind.

Tears flooded her face, swelled red eyes, a pale-looking figure clad in a pink suit begging him to stop, to stay.

"Please Arhaan, don't do this to me, to us."

"Just leave okay, samjh nahi ata tumhe. Faisla tumhara tha. Kal bhi, Kal bhi I asked you for the last time, and you didn't choose me. Then why the fuck should I stay? For you. Please you will very much be alive with your so-called responsibilities.

While I on the other hand have nothing left here. The girl I love the most, the person who saved me from my demons, only she have the right to kill me, You did that Sherni, You killed me. So get the fuck out of my way."

" Please Arhaan, just for once listen, see I am not well. Just please..."

She grabbed his hand but he jerked it away. And left that place without looking back. He left that day. Leaving his broken heart and a girl bleeding in that room he had no idea about.

That night even the sky mourned, an era of their love ended. He left, leaving many things behind without a last goodbye. The girl lost a part of her life that. Death would have been much easier for her that night than the things she had to face. But she survived.

...................................................

The mornings of Delhi on cool winters of mid-November is not that bad. And today at Seher's place everyone is having a really good time after many years. Ahad is half lying on the sofa and half-awake Zain is not so ready for a meeting. The aroma of the morning breakfast of paratha spreads in the hall. Seher is almost ready for her meeting cross-checking everything again and again.

Seeing Ahad on an early morning in their living room is not something he is used to in this place like if it was their home back in Lucknow two years back, he will be not a bit shocked but this is something new to him. But he keeps shut, the painful memory was still fresh in his mind. So he silently walked towards his room. After Zain left, Ahad smiled, shouldn't he be the one angry with him? Perhaps it was his fault. Rubina passed him a little smile, her children had suffered enough, and she can't do anything about it.