15. || Baatein ||

For Arhaan Ahmed Khan happiness is easy to define. It's always been one name, Seher Mirza. But since when he came back here, he never fails to observe the changes that took place in last two years. How Seher have mastered the skill of fake smiles, how she deliberately avoid talking to him, how Zain always tries to protect her here and now, how Ahad feels guilty around Seher for something, how she is not comfortable around the stairs and how every now and then she zones out.

She have become so silent, hardly talks more than necessary, the Ruhaan topic is avoided in front of him and mostly how she is not afraid of thundering anymore. And the last part is something he is hating the most, because it proves how without him she learnt to survive on her own.

Seher had always been an independent girl but in front of him, she was just like a little kid, nagging him for his undivided attention. He used to pamper her a lot, sometimes a lot more than needed. Seher never used to ask for anything to anyone, not even to Saira, but Arhaan had always been exception.On her 18th birthday she asked him for her favorite novels and he did fulfill her every wish. So now seeing her like this engulfed in her cocoon, his heart feels heavy. He is dying to talk to her and now it's the time.

.....................................

Seher is sitting on the terrace, Zain left a few minutes ago. The cool breezes touches her face and the feeling of someone's presence make her heart lose a beat. But this time she decided to face it. How long can she avoid this? Arhaan is going to talk to her, and one day this will end. Either he will left again or stay behind. But in both cases, they need to talk. Calming her nerves as mush as she can she slightly shifts from her position making space for him to sit beside her.

The scene in front of him is nothing but beautiful. Seher is looking eternal in those moonlights. Sensing that she is ready to talk, he takes the place next to her, placing a cup of coffee.

Baitho kabhi sath mere bhi do
Baatein karo baatein karo

Silence engulfs them only the crickets are being heard.

"Coffee with extra cream and sugar, they way you like it." Arhaan started

"For what?"

"For everything Love, precisely a sorry for all my deeds."

"Don't call me that, Arhaan." Seher said with a defeated sigh.

Kaisi akeli si khamosh si Hai raat bhi khud mein hi khoyi si

Tanhaayia thodi kam hoyi si Naate karo baatein karo..

"I will, you know that I will. So stop fighting on that. For a fact we have many more things to fight for, as I think we should start talking."

"What's there to talk Arhaan? You left me when I asked you to stay, and you never came back which I accepted, so there is nothing to talk now." She taunted.

"Well apparently Love your taunts will not work on me. So it's start from the end, okay?"

"Generally people start from the start."

"We are always been unique you know."

"Yeah of course" And this is what their relation is, mature enough to talk like friends. They knew that no matter what their relationship will be like old days only, and now they are talking like old friends do.