24. || Kadam ||

Love makes us do things, crazy things. Now the cunning business man Arhaan Ahmed is sleeping in the living room, cause apparently last night no one talked to him and his wife just didn't let him inside the bedroom. He was so tired with all the travelling that he simply agreed.

The mornging in Seher's place has always been busy. And all the noises hampers with Arhaan precious sleep. He groaned as he wakes up by constant sound of utensils.

Seeing that Rubina is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, he is taken back. Rubina Ahmed used to be the best wife, and a great mother. Back in those year, when they used to live in London. She used to do everything on her own, and Ahmed Khan loves to help her.

Coming to India changed many things in their lives, Rubina's way to kitchen is one of them. After Ahmed Ali, Rubina closed herself in a shell, she never cooked again. In haweli, there were many people appointed as cook and for all other chaos.

Since then he never met the old Rubina, and the call of Ammi had long lost it's way. It was Seher who called her Ammi, after years, and maybe from that moment Rubina made her daughter.

Now looking at this woman in fornt of her, who happens to be his mother, working like old days. The mere scene makes him realise what he had missed over these two years. They created a life for themselves, having each other as their soul support.

No wonder Rubina will choose Seher before him, anyone will. He worked tirelessly for something which is never required. He wanted Ahad to get all his rights, he left everything because of him, as if it was what his Abbu asked him for. But his Abbu never did something like that, and today it all makes sense to him.

His Abbu asked him to 'be there for Ahad and his Ammi', which he never did. One can't even blame a teenage boy who failed to interpret the meaning of words of a dying man.

And now as he looked around, he can understand what Ahad told him that night was utmost truth. He did everything right by marrying Seher. If he failed in everything, Seher topped in them.

She had been the one holding them together. Rubina got back to her old self, and now he just wants to call her Ammi. Ahad is back to stay near them, he endured a lot but there are some pieces of his life that no one knows. She take all the responsibility when she should have just left. But that's not Seher Mirza. And for all this he don't even know what to do. If anything, he is just not leaving her again.

She endured a lot. She lost her babies, her previous pregnancy was ectopic pregnancy which causes the miscarriage, he had all the reports with him now, one thing he is thankful about is that Seher is fine, at leasst physically. And this time he is here for her, for their baby.

Making his way towards the kitchen, he stands near the doorway.

"Ammi?"

"What?"

Though Rubina is a bit shocked by that call, it's been more than a decade he called her Ammi. Even it was few years back, she would have hugged him tightly crying her heart out to him, telling him how much she had missed him over these years.

But now it's just a shock. She surely loves him a lot, but maybe now she loves Seher a bit more. And why wouldn't she. Her own son left her, but Seher didn't.

All these years, she saw her in pain. Though she complained, even never utter his name in this house, but her old eyes knows it.

For two years there were many proposals that came for Seher, and everytime when she rejected them, she felt her heart paining. Seher never deserves all this.

So when the proposal came from Ruhaan Rizwan a year back, she really considered it. For once she wanted to be a mother to Seher first. But Seher is truly her son's love and that day she proved it. She was ready with her regisnation the very next day, but Ruhaan Rizwan is not someone who would lose a friend like Seher for some unrequited feelings.

When Seher told him that she is already married, he was very shamefully for his act. He sincerely apologized to her and things were back to normal. But since then, Ruhaan became a part of family. Sunday brunches and sometimes Friday dinners at her place became a common story.

Now that Arhaan is back, she wants him to rectify his all mistakes. Maybe she will hold him again then. But that moment is yet to come.

"Actually I need a cup of coffee"

"I think you can make it yourself Arhaan, atleast you can do that much."

"Yeah sure, but I want it from your hand."

"I know you are trying to mend everything Arhaan, and I really do appriciate that. But honestly, you are not alone at fault here. I failed to raise you two correctly. But Arhaan I can't change the past. I can't change the fact that I became silent for years when I should have look after you two. What I can do is to do the right thing at the present so that you people can have a better future. Ahad is taking baby steps towards that and I want you to start taking baby steps too, and I will be there for you, because no matter how much I like Ruhaan for Seher, her happiness lies with my idiot son. So make sure you don't messed it up this time."

"Yes Ammi." Hugging her from behind he make another promise. This time he is here to have it all by himself. He knows Ruhaan have certain feelings for his wife and for that he hated him a lot but he can't just deny the fact that Ruhaan is a nice guy who helped them any way.

Their little moment is broke by Zoya, the new maid who stays her 24*7,

"Seher baji..."

"What????" Arhaan screamed. The fear of something happening again engulfed him. He just don't afford them.

Rushing towards her room, he see Seher vomiting over the toilet seat. Holding her hairs he supports her body. She looks pale and weak. Washing her mouth and brushing teeths, she leaned back.

Now she have someone to leaned back, without the fear of falling again. Her husband is her for her.

"Doctor?" Arhaan asked her.

"Morning sickness is common. Anyhow I have an appointment today."

"I will come with you."

"Are you sure?"

"Seher we talked about it already."

"Oye hello, I never forgave you okay. So bear with it."

"I will. I always will my love." taking her lips in a passionate kiss, his is in no mood of leaving her.

Taking her in his arms, he made her sit on his lap, without breaking the kiss. Only when he feels the need of oxygen he let her breath. His ips finds it's way to her collar bone leaving love bites, what should be just a kiss, turns out to be a passionate make out session.
"Shit.. Seher." Arhaan cursed.

"Make my break fast today" Seher ordered.

"What?

"Make my breakfast today Arhaan."

"I was just kissing you seconds ago and here you want me to make breakfast for you? For a fact I think Ammi made that for you."

"No she didn't make it for me. It's for others. And yes I want you to cook for me from now on, all my meal."

"Well that's good because I think I need to take care of your meals, you and my baby needs major nutrition."

"Trust me Arhaan Ahmed I will make you regret this line."

"Trust me Seher Mirza, I won't. I only regret one thing that's leaving you, and other than that I don't. So I will make sure to fulfil all your cravings love, afterall I had seen all those PMSing for years."

"Hate you"

"Love you more Mohtarma."

A/N

Hello. So yeah bear with me me please. I will update next chapter tomorrow or maybe tonight only. Hope you guys will enjoy this one. Love you all.