18. || Khel ||

Ungli pakad ke tune chalnaa sikhaya tha naa
dehleez unchi hai ye paar karaa de

There is a thing about big houses, they hide the darkest secretes deep down their roots. And no matter what they will make sure to keep those secrets hidden because the moment they come out, everything will be ruined. But what if hiding the secrets is destroying a few lives, perhaps they don't care. Today there is a gloomy moment surrounding the Khan Haweli. Their daughter Hadiya Khan is Hadiya Khatoon now and leaving soon with her husband.

Marriage is the beginning of a new life, and as per some, it's the end of old life too. At least for Hadiya, that's the case. There are tears in her eyes, but these tears are not because she is leaving this family, these are because she remembers the moments she suffered here.

Everyone loved her no doubt but sometimes one seeks something more than just love, and Hadiya is one of them. Only love is not enough for survival, never was. So today as Hadiya leaves, she is happy, a new life awaits for her, a life without Khan Haweli.

Ayaan Khatoon met Hadiya Khan a few months ago when he came for a family function in Aligarh. One thing leads to another and today he is married to the girl he lost his heart at first sight. He saw something in her eyes, a certain need for approval.

Hadiya never wanted many things in her life but even those few things cannot be given by everyone, but Ayaan Khatoon can, and he will. And Hadiya knew her happiness belonged with him. Her feelings for Zain was never something more than a friend, she don't even know how he started feeling something for her when they had hardly talked over these few years, but still, she felt sorry for him. But after talking with him, she is certain, she was never the one for him. Sadia hugged her daughter tight, letting her tears flow freely.

Standing next to her Seher remembers her own day, she did cry a lot. Saira Atif had been both her mother and a father to her, Mirza was there but that can't be counted completely. Saira did everything and been everything to her. Maybe because of her only, Seher gets Arhaan in her life. Arhaan Ahmed is a person who made her live her life. Its the same thing Seher did for him too. Seher Mirza has done many things for this place, and no one can deny that.

Today Hadiya decides to speak, so before leaving the Haweli, she walks up to Mir Mustafa, one last time maybe, keeping her head high,

"Ammi was scared back then and Mamu only supported her, but you did what you wanted to. No one knows the things hidden there but certainly, some people do and I am one of them. I don't care who will rule this Haweli and who will not, but today as I left this place it's the end of your Legacy Bade Baba. Haider Bhai and Bhabhi will be shifting pretty soon, Ammi will stay with me now what? You destroyed many lives Bade Baba and I hope you do understand that. Anyhow, thank you for everything you did for me. Khuda Hafiz." Saying that she turned around and goes away, holding her hands with Ahad's she cried, Ahad has his eyes beamed with tears.

No one ever spoke to Mir Mustafa like this but today his little princess did. Arhaan comes and kisses her forehead and along with Haider, they made her sit inside the car.

"Ayaan she is our princess," Arhaan said.

"I will make her my Queen Arhaan, I will take care of her. Just remember one thing, there are things that need to be sorted and things need to end, do it at the right time Arhaan." With that it has done, the last marriage of the family.

Mir Mustafa Khan was shocked. Hadiya never even raised her voice in this place and today she told him that his reign ended, something he never thought of. He controlled everyone's life for the last two decades at least and today everything is falling apart.

People know means did Seher know? Of course, she does that's why she left, that's why she never asked Arhaan to return back, that's why she didn't take Sadia with her and that's why she kept Ahad away from everything. Seher Mirza hid the secrets too but the question remains why?

Looking at Seher, he knows everything will be gone soon. It was good till she was not here and today as she enters again after Hadiya's departure she will break open the doors of the past which will ruin them.

A sudden pain in his chest hits him hard, which made him fall, a scream left his lips and a sudden memory comes in his mind, the memory of a dying son, the memory of a falling figure, karma hits back hard and today is certainly the end of his game, of his legacy.

.....................................

Sitting on the corridors of a hospital that too on the day of her daughter's nikkah is not something Sadia Khan thought of. Next to her sits a silent Praveen Khan, who doesn't even know what to feel. She had always been a perfect wife but when the question comes for being a good mother, she simply doesn't know what she did.

First, her son left decades ago, and that ended his family, she couldn't do anything to save it because she was too busy to be a good wife and a good begum. And now when her husband is on death bed when she knows the end is near, what should she feel?

Sorry, heartbroken or guilt above all. She protected his husband and the name of the Haweli but she never thought what will be its consequences at the end. And today she is numb, she simply doesn't know what to feel.

Rubina Khan remembers the dreadful night when she saw her husband in a similar situation, the night she last her husband, her love and the father of her children. That day everything changed and today history is just repeating itself but she just hope there will be good changes this time.

Ahad stands next to her, there is an unknown fear in him. In his hands, there is a letter. A letter he never wanted, a letter that signifies that his Maya has left him, and this with a proper goodbye.

He is yet to read the letter and honestly, he has no idea when will he do that. But one thing is for sure he will keep this letter dear to him and fulfil her every wish. She deserves that.

Arhaan Ahmed was lost. Next to him, Seher keeps her head on his shoulder, he holds her hands and this time a bit more tightly. He didn't get the chance to talk to her, but even if he did, what will he say?

Because sorry doesn't even mean anything after the pain Seher had endured for him. But this little comfort that she wants right in the moment, is the least he can do for her. Seher didn't deserve the pain, he didn't deserve it too.

And if anything she waited for him, even after everything she waited. What's more to show how much she loves him. Her love knows no bound for him. And Seher knows that.

For Seher, things were not this complicated. Arhaan had chosen her for many years so if for the first time he chose himself first there's nothing wrong with that. So when he left, she waited for him, the way she always had.

............

Okay so that's it. I changed this one so do let me know if you like it or not. I am just adding some masala to this book.

Dedicated to dazzling_glitter and Ruhi_24.

Another thing there are scenes from Hadiya's wedding that happens on Zain's book and Mourning Souls both, so now I hope you people will relate. Now I will update those two pretty soon. For now do let me know who's your Favourite character.