12.Arhaan

The Khan Haweli holds secrets, buried deep inside it's root. Mir Mustafa Khan, ruled this haweli for over four decades, since he was of twenty, then his son became the next Nawab of this Haweli, Nawab Ahmed Mir Khan, the best one this place have seen so far.

Maybe because of his education or just his way of seeing things in a broader way, he did things in his way, never living with all those Legacies, having a normal life. Even after getting married to his lady love Rubina Ahmed Khan, he decided to stay in London with her, until late summer of the year he died.

That summer he returned, making changes in the rules of the Haweli, which were obviously opposed by his father. Ahmed Khan died because of sudden cardiac arrest, leaving a heartbroken Rubina.

Since then, Mir Mustafa started ruling again, though Rubina is the Begum, so technically all decisions were blamed to her. Ruling this Haweli means handling the business, taking care of all loyal servants who have been here for generations now, and a power of controlling their lives.

Those years when Rubina was mourning for the loss of her love, her sons became loner. And the family which used to be together broke apart. Mir Mustafa played dirty with them and no one had any say in it. Though Sadia opposed but she was under the mercy of her father, so she couldn't do much back them. It was Ahmed Khan's decision to send him to a normal school and not any posh one, he wanted his sons to know the challenges of a normal person and not only the life of royals.

Arhaan Ahmed had always been what his father wanted him to be, did his schooling from his choice of school, graduate and then became a self made business man. And the only person he have to thank to having his back, would be his best friend Seher Mirza.

When Seher came to haweli, Arhaan understood her love for a joint family, so he started spending time with his family, provided Seher would always be there. Little by little, he became close Hadiya. Haider had always been the elder brother to him.

Ahad Ahmed Khan was merely five when Ahmed and Rubina adopted him against Mir Mustafa's wish. But their life in London was happy. Four of them living a happy life with their minimum requirements, Ahmed practicing his medicine and business from there.

After Ahmed Khan's demise, Ahad was sent to Doon School, that time he was of thirteen. And that was the first step to end their happy family, Rubina shutting herself was second, Arhaan not using the Khan surname third and the last one happened decades later, when everyone thought the family is coming together again with Seher holding them all together, at that point of time the step was taken, and this family broke apart.

Two years ago, Arhaan Ahmed left, Seher Mirza became silent with fake smiles and buried with workload and responsibilities, Ahad ran away with his broken heart, and Rubina stayed shut again, watching her family crumbling again.

Today after two years stepping inside this Haweli, Arhaan is not much comfortable. But seeing him here, Sadia is the first one to hug him tightly.

Large gates opens revealing the massive haweli. Today is glooming with lights, sounds coming from inside will tell you, that people are super excited, waiting for someone.

Arhaan heartbeat arises, gulping the bile, he looks forward. Memories playing in front of his eyes, shaking his head, he comes back to present. 

"Mera Arhaan..."  For Sadia Arhaan is always been her own son, the extact image of her brother.

"Kaisi ho ap?"

"Ap agye ab theek hai"

"Daddo.." Looking at those old pairs of eyes, watching him with tears, he hugged her, knowing well that today her happiness knows no bound.