25. || Wafaa ||

The first ultrasound of the baby is always special for parents. One will see their child for the first time, see a part of them which they have created together. The epitome of their love. And the moment the heartbeats are heard makes them spill tears. Their baby is growing up.

Same is the case for Seher and Arhaan and adding more to their happiness is that they are having twins. And this time there are no complications. The doctor just asked Seher to have proper rest which Arhaan assured.

For the first time in years, Seher is feeling something more than happiness. She is having twins and this time Arhaan Ahmed Khan is here next to her, this is what she had always wanted. Her childhood love, college affair, her husband and now the would-be father of her twin, next to her, holding her hands as sending a silent promise of never letting them go.

Her trail of thoughts breaks the moment she realises that they are not heading back home, but these familiar roads made her look at him again. It's been years they had left Delhi, years of that stupid college dates, years of those midnight talks and years of that kind of love yet these lanes are just the same.

Many couples around, just like them or like they used to be, a few tourists may be because many are not aware of this part of Purna Qila, a place where Seher and Arhaan told each other how much they are in love, a place which had been their place.

Even in those two years, Seher never dared to even walk around these roads, how would she, the person who promised her to be here with her were gone that and now when he had come back, she realises that her waiting is never futile, Uske Intezaar jawab Allah ne diya, Usko uska Arhaan lauta diya.

Arhaan on the other hand couldn't ask for anything else. Even after everything, Seher is here with him. Maybe she hasn't forgiven him yet but with time she will.

Sitting upon the wall like old times, there is comfortable silence between them. The intertwined hands are much more proof of all the silent happiness. They are simply absorbing the presence of each other. For Arhaan this all seems pretty surreal.

"Seher?"

"Yeah.."

"We are having twins."

"I know. I want it... to be ... good this time"

Sad smiles are here but no one is ready to face the past now.

"Yeah!! I am not sleeping on the sofa tonight."

"Dude you are, trust me on that."

"You will make me pay, won't you Seher Mirza."

"Always."

"Hayyye meri Sherni." And the laughter follows. Two souls found their home yet again and this time there will be no one waiting for the other one.

Baatein sambhal ja rahi hain

Palkon mein yunhi hassi hai

For the next few months, it's just been a beautiful dream for them. From late-night cravings to morning sickness, from bearing Seher tantrums and mood swings to Arhaan's special meals, it's been a crazy journey for them.

Ahad this time came around, sometimes staying with them too, his therapy sessions were working for him. Zain is ready to leave for Dubai next month for business. He not running away, he is simply going there to find himself.

Ruhaan Rizwan found happiness among them. And a certain crazy girl is will find him someday too. Ashana is ready to welcome her siblings. And they are finally blessed with a girl and a boy.

Tears came in Arhaan Ahmed's eyes when he holds his daughter first. But what attracted everyone's attention is that Arhaan asked to meet his wife first then going to his children. For Arhaan Ahmed it's always been a single person, Seher Mirza, his Sherni, no one else.

"What do you want our son to name?" Arhaan asked holding Seher in his arms looking at the baby bed where the twins are sleeping soundly.

"Zaman Arhaan Ahmed. Because after everything he is the destiny I chose. And our daughter?"

"Oh I already named my princess, you don't have to worry about that Sherni."

"What the... "

"Am I disturbing something guys?" Ruhaan comes inside smiling with Parizad, his crazy girl, holding a brunch of balloons with him.

"No man I am just telling her our daughter's name. But for that, I need you here too."

"Okay but why?" Ruhaan is quite confused, though over these past months everything comes along in their right place and he and Arhaan became quite good friends, but still.

"I want to name our daughter Ruhana, after your name."

"There is nothing more I will be blessed about."

And Zaman and Ruhana become the new life of Seher and Arhaan. All her waiting are answered, her Arhaan is here.

During midnight Arhaan asked her.

"Sherni?"

"Hmmm.?

"I love you.."

"I love you more."

"Would you have waited for me if I hadn't come back that day?"

"For you a thousand times over."

"The Kite Runner, Khaleed Hooseini."

And their laughter echoes throughout the room.

The End