3. ||Shaad||

November rains are a pleasant surprise, not many cycles ago she used to love these showers. Drenching in the torrent, where the two realities, the sky and land comes to the union, a sight of beholding.

Oh, how she misses those nights.

A sigh, things could be so better, they should be, but now this is what it is. Another wind with blighting drizzles, she is almost drenched only by a few meters of the walk, from her porch to the front door.
A storm is near.

While passing the distance, her eyes didn't miss the sight of the familiar car parked there. She smiles, a knowing smile, Zain is here.

"Appi!"

She hasn't even entered properly when two strong arms engulfed her. The arms where she can always go without a second thought, arms of Zain Amir.
This twenty-four years old brother is her safe haven.

Even though she knows life is not generous to her, but having Zain around makes her sigh in relief, that even if someday she is gone Zain Amir will bear all her responsibilities with a smile.
A person she can rely on, a person who didn't leave.

"Ap sb kb aye? Abba sb khairiyat toh hain yuh achanak?"
Though seeing Zain here is not much unusual to her, but seeing her father certainly is.

"Sab khairiyat hain bacche, Meri flight hai aj raat ki aur Zain ko kuch din apke saath rehna tha, toh maine socha jate waqt apse milte huye jaye."

Mirza is happy that finally years later Seher is letting him be a part of her life.

"Abba, have a safe flight." Though Seher is not ready to let him in completely at this point in her life, she really doesn't care much.

"Haan bache, apna khayal rakhiye aur koi bhi zarurat ho toh hum apke saath hi hain."

He sighs, at least she is trying. He knows he can't be a good father to her, he is too late for that. But now they are in talking term. Sometimes it's good to accept the reality than to fight it, they did that.

Mirza Amir always make sure to check on his daughter twice a month, even if he is not in the country, he made frequent calls maybe for a few seconds but he did.

On the other hand, Saira came on the weekends and along with Zain, Ruhaan and Ashana they have pretty good Sundays together. Most of which ended with Zain and Ruhaan having a fistfight, yet next week they will be here.

Following dinner, Rubina went to her room, it was past her bedtime, but having Zain around means breaking all the normal daily routines which happen twice a week. Zain is almost a permanent resident of this place. Likely to be twice a week and sometimes even thrice he stays here. His own room with clothes, a study table and everything else is here. Seher firstly wanted to buy a three-bedroom house, but seeing that Zain would anytime stay over, she opted for the four-bedroom house with plenty of open space and a backyard.

.................................................................

"Appi? Busy ho?" Zain entered Seher's room, looking at him Seher understands there is something he needs to say.

She smiles, she knows.
He steps inside and sits leaning to the bed where she sits.

Zain Amir had grown up over a few hours, all because of her. A sad smile.