Theresa's POV

"So how was your break, class?" The teacher chirped. I looked at my friends and we all smiled. Crystal's hand shot up and I turned to look at the teacher. "Yes, Ms. Kimona?" She said.

"Well, I had a boxing tournament, my brother's girlfriend died on Valentine's, half of my friends are going out with somebody, my two managers from the gym raped a girl and got her pregnant um... I had a boyfriend then we never actually broke up, though... But he fucked the girl that got raped, and... Le group went to Celebration Station, and that was all over the weekend!" She clapped.

"O.... kay then..." Our teacher gaped, dropping her chalk on the floor. "So what we are learning about is how to solve equations." She started class and I looked at Pope, who transferred in our class, shivering and shaking.

When I was about to ask, both of Crystal's managers bursted in the room and were panting, beat up, bloody, and bruised. "Jailed! Target!" Both Pope and Crystal cried, rushing to them. "You two! Sit in your seats!" When Pope turned to leave to sit, Crystal shook her head and held onto Jailed, who was stumbling to the floor.

"Jailed... Oh, no... What's wrong?" Crystal whispered, running her fingers through his jet-black hair. "Robbers... Thiefs... Fighters... Terrorists... Outside the school." Was all he gasped, falling on his face.

No.

Not again.

This can't happen, the last attack was three years ago!

Are we really going to die?

"Hey, are you lying?" A playboy scoffed, walking to Jailed and kicking his head with his toe. "Stop it! Don't touch him, you douche! Can't you see he's in pain? He may save our lives, for all we know!" Crystal defended, tears falling down her face.

"God, cutie. Didn't mean to make you cry." As soon as his finger touched her cheek, her fist pounded into his throat, making him cry out and hold his throat. "Ms. Crystal!" The teacher shouted. "You know what? Fuck you all! I'm not going to stand here and let my two best friends suffer from something! I'm not doing this any longer, I'm going to fight!"

We all reached out to grab Crystal's hand, but she looked at us and tears were quickly falling from her eyes. "Theresa, they hurt them." She said, her voice cracking. "I know, but you're our friend." I replied, hugging her.

"I want to help them."

"No, Crystal. No."

"W... Why...?"

"They know you want to fight, but they don't want you to die fighting. They love you with a burning passion. They could've told anyone, but they told you. Don't fight."

"Theresa..."

"Don't, okay?"

"Ok..." She whispered, hugging me and crying. "I love them, too..."