Chapter 7

~Nagisa POV~

I got myself up early the next morning and left before anyone else in my house woke up, not wanting to deal with them.

I went to the coffee shop in the commons since I couldn't get onto the main campus this early.

I grab my phone from my pocket and see the text from my family beginning to flood in asking where I am but I ignore them. I work up the courage to text Karma, hoping that he isn't still asleep.

"Yeah?" He asks, he sounds half asleep.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up? I- I can go I'm sorry!" I rush about to hang up.

"No! Wait!" He shouts.

I put the phone back up to my ear.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm just bored. I left my house early so now I'm alone in the middle of a coffee shop," I mumble.

"Which coffee shop?"

"The one in the commons."

"I'll be there in a few minutes," He responds before hanging up.

And he was. Not even 10 minutes pass before Karma walks through the door and walks over to where I was sitting.

"Hey," He greets.

"Hey," I mumble.

He sits next to and pulls me into a tight hug, which I quickly return. Neither of us let go or say anything for a while.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks, voice muffled by my shoulder.

I shake my head, "This is enough for right now."

He nods before asking, "I invited Rio, Kayano and Sugino. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine," I respond as I pull away from the hug.

Minutes later Nakamura, Kayano and Sugino walk through the door and over to the table.

"Hey Nagisa," Sugino smiles.

"It's been a while," Kayano adds.

"Yeah it has," I mutter.

I hug all of them before they sit down as well.

"Am I allowed to ask what Ayato meant in his live yesterday?" Nakamura asks.

"A couple of years ago, Ayato and I were in the middle of explosion causing him to go deaf without a hearing aid and destroying my vision even more than it already was. After that, the family kinda fell apart because everyone blamed themselves. We never talked about it but my parents brought it up again yesterday. Touka took my parents side. Ayato couldn't pick a side. I didn't want to talk about it at all," I explain, "It's just been really hard to not fight in that house now."

"I'm sorry," Nakamura mumbles.

"It isn't your fault," I respond. 

=====

I almost didn't update today bc I dont feel good but here. Take it.