Chapter 20

~Karma POV~

I woke up late at night to Nagisa freaking out in her sleep. This wasn't the first time its happened. I felt horrible because I didn't know how to help. A few minutes later she sat up and started crying. I pulled her into a hug as she calmed herself down. 

"Do you want to talk about it baby?" I ask. 

She shakes her head. 

"Hon, you have to talk about it eventually," I point out. 

"Can't talk about it if I don't know why its happening," She mumbles, "This has never happened before."

"Do you know why this time might be different?" I ask.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. It was supposed to be a happy day," She mutters, "I couldn't see it coming."

"Hon, you can't always predict what's going to happen. Thats life," I whisper.

"I should have been prepared for it, yet I was one of the first taken out. I was weak when I shouldn't have been," She murmurs.

"Hon you gotta sleep," I whisper, cuffing her face in my hands.

"I'm not tired," She states, resting her head on my hand and closing her eyes. 

"You're exhausted," I mutter. 

"Yes but I'm also tired of nightmares so coffee it is," She mumbles, attempting to get up and walk to the kitchen.

I say attempting because her legs decided to not support her body and she fell once she stood up.

"Ow..." She muttered as she lifted herself up. I walked over and helpped her get back up on the bed.

"Please try to get some more sleep. If you have another nightmare I'll go some coffee for you okay?" I state.

She sighs, "I hate this."

"I know you do but just know that I'm here with you every step of the way. I promise."