Chapter 4

Clarke POV

    A week has passed. Clarke just got out of shower and dried off. Clarke got dressed and braided her hair. She grabbed her knife that she found and put it back in her pocket. Clarke walked out and saw that breakfast was sitting on the table in her room. Clarke sat down and started to eat.

    Clarke had just finished eating and then walked over to the window, looking out. Clarke heard the door open and turned to look. Lexa was standing in front of the doors. "I don't want to talk to you." Clarke said, looking back out the window.

    "It's been a week Clarke. I have left you alone for a week." Lexa said, walking over to her. "We have got bigger concerns." Lexa said.

    "We?" Clarke asked. "We don't have any concerns." Clarke told Lexa.

    "Yes we do, Clarke." Lexa said, as Clarke turned to look at Lexa. "I'm hosting a summit with Skaikru at sundown. You'll be returned to your people if you wish."

    "You went through all that to just let me go?" Clarke asked.

    "I saved you from trouble." Lexa said.

    "You could have saved me at Mount Weather." Clarke said, slightly pissed off.

    "But you didn't need my help." Lexa said. "You have every right to hate me and to be angry at me. You would have done the same thing." Clarke sighed. "I'm not here to argue with you Clarke."

    "Then why are you here?" Clarke asked.

    "You can go back to your people under one condition. I want something more. I want your people to become my people. I'm offering Skaikru to become that 13th Clan. It would be best for your people and my people. No one can move against you without moving against me." Lexa told Clarke.

    "I left, why do you think that I want to go back." Clarke said.

    "If you bow before me, you can go wherever you want. Your people will also be safe." Lexa said, putting her hands behind her back.

    "I will never bow to you." Clarke said. "You just want Skaikru because I made you look weak at Mount Weather and now Azgeda is thinking you are weak and are trying to make a move on you." Clarke said. Lexa took a step forward as Clarke looked out the window again.

    "Clarke." Lexa said.

Clarke put her hand on the knife and took it out. Clarke quickly brought it to Lexa's throat. Lexa didn't move. Clarke's eyes roamed over Lexa's face and then looked Lexa in the eyes. Lexa flicked her eyes up to her's. Time seemed to have frozen as they searched each other's eyes. "I'm sorry..." Lexa said in a soft voice.

    Clarke pulls away and drops the knife. Clarke felt her eyes start to water. "I never meant to turn you into this." Lexa said, in a small voice. "I shouldn't have taken the deal without talking to you about it first."

    "I would have done the same thing." Clarke said after a few moments. "You did what you had to do to save your people. People were gonna get hurt no matter what." Clarke told Lexa.

    "You can go home or wherever you want if you join the as the 13th clan." Lexa said. "I don't want to hold you here if you don't want to be here. I have to go to a meeting, that'll give you time to think. I'll come by once I'm done." Clarke nodded and Lexa walked out.

    Not even thirty seconds after Lexa left, Kaylee walked in. "Did you two finally talk?" Kaylee asked, grabbing her tray.

    "She wants Skaikru to join as the 13th Clan." Clarke said.

    "I think it'll be best for everyone." Kaylee said. "Just a warning, she's in a kicky mood so I suggest not looking out the window while Lexa's in the meeting."

    "A kicky mood?" Clarke asked.

    "You'll see or hear." Kaylee said. "As you know, Azgeda knows that Lexa has you in Polis and they want you dead but Lexa doesn't want to kill you and things are starting to get tense with Lexa and the Queen."

    About five seconds later, Clarke heard a man scream outside her window. Kaylee sighed as Clarke looked out the window. A man was falling off the tower and fell onto the ground. Some people watched and some didn't even seem to notice.

    "Is that why that one area is always clear?" Clarke asked.

    "Yeah." Kaylee said. "It's known as the kick zone." Clarke nodded. "I would take up on the 13th Clan deal." Kaylee said before leaving. The door shut and Clarke was alone again.

    "Of course she kicks people off her tower." Clarke said, looking out the window.

    About an hour later, Clarke was drawing with charcoal. Clarke was drawing Octavia standing on the rocks at the river where she got attacked by a river snake and Jasper got speared by a grounder. Not the happiest memory.

    There was a knock on her door. "Enter." Clarke said, looking up. The door opened and Lexa stepped in.

    "We'll become the 13th Clan." Lexa's face lit up a little bit. "I just need to talk to my mom and Kane." Clarke said. Lexa nodded. "When will they be arriving?"

    "Around midday." Lexa said. "So in an hour or two." Clarke nodded. Lexa looked like she wanted to say something else. "I'll send someone to tell you when they arrive." Lexa said. Clarke nodded and then Lexa left.

    "My mom is gonna kill me." Clarke said to no one as she rubbed her face.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Thank you for the votes!

-N