Chapter 10

Clarke POV

It was about midday. Clarke and Lexa were in Lexa's room. Clarke was sitting on a chair and Lexa was on a couch, sleeping with an open book on her chest. Clarke was drawing Lexa with charcoal.

Clarke looked up and saw Lexa move her head slightly. Clarke looked back down at her drawing. Clarke added to Lexa's hair. Clarke heard Lexa move again. She looked back at Lexa.

Lexa gasped and sat up, making her book fall onto the floor. Clarke moved over to the couch, sitting next to Lexa. She put a hand on Lexa's thigh. "Hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay." Clarke said, as Lexa calmed down. "What were you dreaming about."

"The commanders before me, they talk to me in my sleep. I saw their deaths at war, at the hands of assassins." Lexa said. "They think I'm betraying their legacy. Blood must have blood, has always been the way of our people."

"Because you aren't going to war with Skaikru?" Clarke asked. Lexa nodded. "We aren't letting this slide. We don't have enough information about who the real problem is, Azgeda or Pike and his people." Clarke told Lexa. "Your legacy will be peace."

There was a knock on the door. Lexa got up and saw her drawing. Clarke started to get anxious. "That's um, that's not finished." Clarke said. There was another knock.

"Enter." Lexa said. The door opened, Titus and two guards walked in with a big box.

"I'm sorry Heda. I didn't realize you were busy." Titus looked at Clarke.

"What's in the box?" Lexa asked.

"It's a present for Wanheda from Azgeda." Titus said. "The messenger said this is both proof of Azgeda's loyalty to the coalition and an answer to a yet unanswered question. May I? Open it." Titus asked. Lexa nodded.

The two guards moved to open it. Clarke looked in and saw Emerson. "Emerson." Clarke said. Emerson jumped out of the box and lunged at Clarke, knocking her to the ground.

"Stop him!" Lexa said. The two guards grabbed Emerson. "Get him out of here! Put him into a cage now." Lexa ordered. Lexa moved to help Clarke up. Lexa put her arms around Clarke and helped her up. Once Clarke was up, Lexa kept a hand on her back.

The guards dragged Emerson. "Are you okay?" Lexa asked her, worried.

"Fine." Clarke breathed out. Lexa didn't remove her hand. Lexa looked at Titus.

"Was there a note or anything?" Lexa asked. Titus shook his head. Clarke looked to Lexa. Lexa dropped her hand and Clarke missed the contact.

Two hours later, Clarke walked in, Lexa and Titus were arguing in the throne room. "You are letting her cloud your judgement." Titus told her.

"I thought you were supposed to be loyal!" Lexa said.

"I am, but you are too personally in-" Titus cut himself off. "Here she is."

"You wanted to see me?" Clarke asked. Lexa walked down from her throne.

"Yes, I need to discuss the fate of the last mountain man." Lexa said.

"I think he deserves death." Titus said. Lexa looked at Titus.

"She can speak for herself." Lexa told him. Lexa looked back to Clarke. Titus mumbled something under his breath.

"I want to question him before we do anything." Clarke said. "He might have information." Lexa nodded.

"After that we can banish him or death by cuts." Lexa said. "You don't have to decide now but think about it." Clarke nodded. "I'll bring him in."