Chapter 14

Clarke POV

    Arkadia was in sight and their guards left them at the blockade. Arkadia looked sad and lonely. Kids weren't running around, grounders weren't training outside of the fence.

    "It's been like this since you left." Octavia said.

    They rode up to the front gate. The guards yelled a few things and pointed their guns at them. "Don't get too trigger happy." Raven told them as Pike came running up to the gate.

    "Who are you and what do you want?" Pike asked.

    "The power puff girls." Raven said. Clarke mentally face palmed.

    "Clarke Griffin." Clarke said. "Octavia Blake." Clarke looked at Octavia. "Raven Reyes." Clarke looked at Raven. "We are returning to Arkadia for a few days." Clarke told Pike.

    "Open the gates." Pike sighed.

The gate opened and they got off their horses. They grabbed their stuff off the horses. They left them in the stable and then Clarke saw her mom running towards her. Her mom hugged her.

"Are you okay?" Her mom asked, cupping her face.

"Yeah." Clarke said. "Lexa is meeting us here in a few days for a clan check in." Clarke said, quietly.

"Come on, let's go somewhere more private." Her mom said. "Are you staying in your bedroom?"

"The three of us are staying in tents outside of the walls. They might see us as grounders and try something when we are sleeping so it's just safer." Clarke told her.

"You two can go with Abby, I'll get Monty, Jasper, and Harper to help put them up." Octavia told them.

"Thank you O." Clarke said before they walked off. Her mom led them around the back of Arkadia.

"Okay." Clarke said. "Have you seen any more of Azgeda?" Clarke asked.

"Yeah. There were a few of them." Her mom said. "I don't know how they are getting through the blockade."

"I'll talk to Lexa about it." Clarke said. Clarke looked at Raven who was smiling. "I should have let Octavia push you off that horse."

"Oh they'll talk alright." Raven said.

"Oh and I'm about to strangle you alright." Clarke said. White stuff started to fall from the sky.

"The fuck is this?" Raven asked. "Can I eat it?"

"Why is that the first thing you ask?" Her mom sighed. "It's snow and it's basically water." Raven stuck her tongue out.

"We really can't do anything without Lexa. Lexa told the blockade that the three of us can come and go as we want. We can bring people with us so we can move around the area to look for Azgeda." Clarke said.

"I don't want to go looking for them. If anything seems out of place Pike jumps on it." Her mom said. "You three could get away with it, you could say you were hunting."

"My leg won't last that long." Raven said.

"Well Octavia and Clarke could." Her mom said. "How is your leg?"

"It doesn't hurt anymore really. I just can't walk on it forever." Raven said. "Or run but it's fine besides that." Raven added.

"That's good." Her mom said.

"We just have to keep on a low until Lexa gets here. Gather as much information as possible and then we'll talk to Lexa." Clarke said.

"I agree." Raven said with her tongue out.