Chapter 25

Clarke POV

It was the next morning. Clarke felt Lexa's breath on her neck. Clarke opened her eyes and saw Lexa asleep on top of her. Clarke smiled softly and kissed Lexa's forehead. Clarke picked a hand off of Lexa and moved hair out of her face. Lexa grumbled and tightened her arms around her. Clarke put the hand back on Lexa's back.

A few minutes later, Lexa woke up. "Good morning." Lexa said, sleepily.

"Good morning." Clarke said, as Lexa rolled off of her. "You have adtutide when you sleep did you know that?" Lexa laughed softly. Lexa kissed Clarke.

"I don't want to get up." Lexa said, putting her head in her neck.

"We don't have any meetings today so we don't have to yet." Clarke said. "But we do have to deal with Pike and them."

"Shhh, that's for later." Lexa said into her neck. "Right now, is no stress time." Clarke kissed Lexa's head, laughing softly.

"What is it like having the commanders in your head?" Clarke asked.

"When I'm awake, it's like the voice in your head whenever you are thinking or reading. When I'm asleep, it's like real life, you have control over yourself and what you say. It was kind of weird at first but I got used to it." Lexa said.

"Is your full name Lexa?" Clarke asked.

"Alexandria." Lexa said. "Everyone started to call me Lexa because Heda Alexandria Kom Trikru was a little too much to say every time I was introduced to someone new." Clarke laughed a little.

"Add a last name onto that and it'll be longer." Clarke teased.

"How does that work?" Lexa asked.

"Last names?" Clarke laughed softly as Lexa nodded. "Everyone in Skaikru has a last name. When you are born you get your last name. It'll be one of your parents last names. My mom and dad got married and my mom took my dad's last name. I was born and I got their last name." Clarke explained. "I hope that makes sense."

"So if we get married I'll become, Heda Alexandria Griffin Kom Trikru?" Lexa asked.

"If you want, you don't have to take their last name." Clarke said. There was a knock on the door.

"Enter." Lexa said.

The door opened and food was brought in. Lexa and Clarke got out of bed and ate breakfast. They got in the shower and got dressed. Clarke checked Lexa's bandage and checked her wound.

Lexa took Clarke's hand as they walked out to the balcony. "Tell me about Costia?" Clarke asked, as Lexa put her arms around her.

"She was much like you. Stubborn, smart, beautiful, brave. We met three years before I became Commander, I was about nine. She was ten when we met. I was in Lara's armour shop and I was walking out. I opened the door and hit her in the face with the door." Lexa said. They both laughed softly.

"Real smooth." Clarke said.

"I started to make sure she was fine and she was shrugging me off. I helped her up and we went our separate ways." Lexa said. "I was maybe a week later, Anya and I were picking up my sword at the blacksmith. I saw her there. Her dad was the blacksmith. Anya made me talk to her and I was a mess. Costia thought it was the funniest thing ever. Teased me about it forever. We became friends and then the Commander died. I got choosen for Commander, we stayed friends until we were fourteen. We were hanging out one day and she kissed me."

Clarke was rubbing the back of her hand with her thumb. "We started to date. I'd spend every second I could with her. Nia started to get nosy when I just turned sixteen. I didn't really think any of it at first but then I started to get protective of Costia. Which raised a ton of arguments at first but we fixed it." Lexa told Clarke. "Costia usually slept in my bed but she had to go to her parents for a family thing and that's when Nia took her. I sent out search parties until I got a box for my birthday by the foot of the bed. It was from Azgeda, I opened it and it was Costia's head. Nothing else." Lexa finished.