Chapter 1

Three years had passed since I left with my unborn child. Did I care if Tommy was in it's life? No. Did it feel wrong? A bit. Does it feel like the right thing to do? Yes. Now here I am, feeding my three year old son, Anthony "Tony" Smith (Valencia). I at least wanted him to have his father's last name. I mean I did leave with him without Tommy knowing, so it felt better to give him the man's last name. Tony was making car noises. He loves cars just like his grandfather. I haven't been in contact with either of my parents as much. I told them I left, but I didn't dare tell them where I was. They know very little about Tony and I wanna keep it that way. They did sell me to a crazed man without a second thought. I'll be damned if I let them see him. "Vroom! Vroom!" He mimicked. I chuckled a little bit. "Are you my little racer?" I asked. "Yes Mommy." He smiled. I smiled as I wiped food off his cheek. Tony is my whole world. I'll go to hell and back before I let anything happen to him. Tony made a grabby motion at me. "Up." I picked up my little racer and held him on my hip. Tony snuggled into my neck. "I wove you, Mommy."  "I love you too, my racer." I kissed his forehead. Roger walked into the kitchen wearing nothing, but pajama pants and socks. "Hi honey, hi sport." He greeted, kissing Tony on the cheek and me on the lips. Yes, Roger is my boyfriend. I met him three months before I had Tony and we started dating a month before he turned one. Roger is the sweetest, gentlest, and most patient man I ever met. I never told and I never plan on telling him about Tommy. I feel like he'll run scared or he'll do something to harm me, but mainly do something to harm Tony.  You never know these days, even if they are nice. "Do you have to work today?"  I asked. "Yeah, I should be home by three. I might take Tony to the dealers with me when I get back." Roger poured himself a cup of coffee. He took a long sip. "Do you?" He asked. "Yes, sadly. I really wanted to stay with my little racer today, but I can't. I have to work a little later than usual. So I'll be back around six."  I frowned. "Where is Tony gonna be?" "I hired a babysitter." I said. "Who?" "Me." My friend Anna entered the house. Anna has been one of the most loyalist friends that I have. She is the oldest daughter of my ex boss and other long time friends, Bob. Remember him? Anyway Anna gladly took Tony out of my arms. She tickled him until he had tears in his eyes. "Be good for Anna." I said. Tony nodded. I kissed his nose, Tony returned the gesture. I blew a kiss towards Roger, who caught it. I grabbed my purse. I waved at my boys and Anna before leaving. I walked out onto the sidewalk. I waved at everyone of my neighbors. Where I decided to settle, was a nice peaceful place. I didn't know everyone at first and they didn't know me. Until they threw a party for me to welcome me into the neighborhood. Little did I know it was gonna be the cause of my downfall.