Chapter 17

Later that night, everyone seemed less tense when they saw Alice sit down beside me at dinner. Tony sat in her lap. He had glanced at me a couple of times, but never held the stare. Akeiyla didn't say anything the whole time we ate. Alice was in our bed with Tony. Alice smiled down at him as she stroked his curly hair. I walked in from the bathroom. "You aren't asleep yet, buddy?" Tony shook his head. "I'm not sleepy." He said. I got in beside him. "Is that so?" Alice smirked. "Yep. I'm gonna stay up all night too." He grinned proudly. I hummed a bit as my eyebrow rose. "You're gonna be sleepy in the morning and I and Aunty Scarlet won't be able to take you to the park. That wouldn't be fun." "No I won't." "If you don't go to sleep, Mama and I won't make your favorite breakfast. Strawberry and cream pancakes." Alice told him. Tony's eyes widened. He shot up on his feet. "You wouldn't dare." He gasped. "I would." Alice smirked evilly. Tony hopped down into his recent spot. He kissed both Alice and I before beginning to snore. I chuckled. "You are so evil." I joked. Alice winked at me. Tony opened one of his eyes. "You aren't asleep mister." Tony sighed and pouted "I can't go to sleep." "How about I sing you a song that my mom used to sing to Scar and I?" I suggested. Tony nodded. Alice looked at me funny. "I at least can sing." I cleared my throat before I began to sing.
 "Sleep, baby, sleep
Your father tends the sheep
Your mother shakes the dreamland tree
And from it fall sweet dreams for thee
Sleep, baby, sleep
Sleep, baby, sleep

Sleep, baby, sleep
Our cottage vale is deep
The little lamb is on the green
With snowy fleece so soft and clean
Sleep, baby, sleep
Sleep, baby, sleep" 
Once I finished, Tony was snuggled into my chest and was knocked out like a light. "Who knew that you could sing?" "I got it from Mother." Alice smiled a bit at me. "You sounded like an angel." She complimented, "You should sing to me one day." I grinned. "I'll take you up on that." Alice looked down at our sleeping son. She kissed his forehead. I wrapped an arm around him and her. "Goodnight, my love." "Goodnight, Tommy." She pecked my lips. Alice fell asleep. I looked at them for a bit before drifting off to sleep too.