Chapter 14

I was sitting on the ground with Tony. "Tommy is my Daddy?" I nodded. "I didn't want you to meet him because of the things that he does, but I should've known better that he would find us sooner or later." I frowned. "What does he do?" He asked. "He does bad things." I summarized it for him in words he would understand. Tony's face was unreadable. I usually could read his tiny face, but now….it's hard. "What are you thinking about, my little racer?" "Why did you leave him? Was he going to hurt me?" "Tommy wouldn't dream of hurting you. Besides I wouldn't let him." I assured. Tony crawled over to me. I held him close to me. I rubbed his little back as he laid his head on my leg. I sighed. "I left because I thought it was for the best, and that it'll keep you safe from what your Dad does and who he made enemies with. I guess it wasn't far enough." "I don't blame you, Mommy. You only did it to protect me." I was relieved. I thought Tony was gonna blame me for him not knowing his biological Dad. I should've known that he was gonna be like my grandmother. She was always so forgiving. Even when she died, just so forgiving. Mama walked in the living room. "Hi Mama." I greeted. "Hey Sweetie. How are you two doing?" She smiled. "I'm fine and Tony is just taking it all in." I continued to rub his back. Mama's eyes landed on him. "Should I take him or leave him alone?" "Just let him be for a bit." Mama nodded. She kissed both mine and his temple before leaving. Tony looked up at me. "Is she your real Mama?" I shook my head. "That's Ellen's nickname." Tony looked puzzled. "What's a nickname?" "It's another name that people go by. Like how your real name is Anthony, but we call you "Tony". See?" "Oh." Tony nodded. "What's Daddy's real name?" "Which one?" "Tommy." He replied. "Thomas." "That's a weird sounding name." I giggled a bit. "Yes, yes it is." I agreed. Tony snuggled more into my side. "I love you,Mommy." "I love you too."