Chapter 8

Tony was still asleep in our room. I was sitting in a chair, reading a book and minding my business. An african american woman, like me, with short brown hair and greenish brown eyes walked into the library. She looked like she was looking for something. I watched her for a bit. When her eyes landed on me, a smirk threatened to split her face in half. She strutted over to me. She examined me. “So you’re this so-called “Alice” that Tommy keeps mentioning. You don’t look that special to me.” She said. “And you are?” “Akeiyla, Tommy’s new girl.” Akeiyla said. So the bastard discovered where I was and kidnapped me and my son just to turn around and find a new girl? Sounds like him alright. “Good for you.” Is all I could say before turning back to my book. Akeiyla snatched the book out of my hands and threw it across the room. “Listen, I don’t like you,” “And I should care why?” Akeiyla growled. “Tommy is mine and mine only. I don’t care if you and him had a thing in the past or not, his future is with me. That brat that he claims is his son won’t be around soon and neither will you.” “Listen bitch, you can keep Tommy for all I care, but what you won’t do is disrespect me or my son. Now I don’t know you and I don’t think I care to know you, but if I hear anything about my son come out of your mouth, I will hurt you.” I threatened. Akeiyla only smirked. “With one snap of my finger, I can have you tortured or killed so I would watch your tone and your words.” I didn’t say anything. “Now be a good little dog and fetch your book.” I wanted to punch this woman so badly, but I couldn’t. If I died, who would take care of my son and raise him right. Ellen and Scarlet are far too young and old to raise him and the brothers are too busy to take care of him. Tommy  wouldn’t pay attention or would raise him to do wrong. My baby would be lost without me. I reached to get my book when I was pushed down on my stomach. A heeled shoe was on my back. I looked up the best that I could. Akeiyla was looking down on me. “Don’t forget your place, dog.” She grinned. Akeiyla left the library. I stood up and dusted myself off. I looked at the door where I last saw Akeiyla. How could Tommy find someone as evil as him, I thought, I guess evil attracts each other.