Chapter 9

I walked into Tony and Alice’s temporary room. Tony was sitting up on the bed. His greyish blue eyes met mine. “Bad man!” He shouted as he backed away from me. I sat down on the end of the bed. Tony’s eyes watched me carefully. “Where’s my Mommy?” He asked. “Library.” I replied. “What’s that?” “It’s a place where people go to read and sometimes check out books.” "What's your name?" He asked. "Tommy." I answered. Tony and I fell silent. Why is it so awkward? He’s my son. I should be able to easily talk to him and what makes it worse is that he’s only three. “So I heard you like cars.” Tony nodded eagerly. “Mommy calls me her little racer.” He giggled. I smiled a tiny bit. “They go vroom vroom.” He mimicked.  He pretended that he was actually behind the wheel driving a car. “I’m guessing you play with many toy cars?” Tony shook his head. “Mommy and Daddy couldn’t really buy that many toy cars for me.” The fact that he was calling Roger his “Daddy” made me want to kill the bastard even more. I was his Father not Roger. But I have to calm down, it's not his fault, it's Alice's. "How about I take you to the nearest toy store and buy you all the toy cars you want?" I offered. Tony's eyes lit up. He has the same sparkle that I had when I was a kid. Mom told me that my eyes did that and I think she managed to get a photo too. I stood up. I helped him down. My hands found their way into my pockets. Tony raced out of the door. I could only chuckle. Tony ran down to the library where Alice was. "Mommy! Mommy!" Alice looked up from her book. "What is it?" "Tommy is gonna take me to the toy store. Wanna come?" He asked. Alice's eyes met mine. I guess she could see something in my eyes that spooked her. "Yes." "Yay." He cheered. "Give me one minute with him." Alice made her way to me. "What game are you playing?" She asked. "Is it wrong for me to hang out with my son?"  "Tommy," I cocked my eyebrow and stood up completely, so I was towering over her. "Master," She corrected herself, " he doesn't know that he's your son." "Not yet, but he'll know." Alice clenched her fists. "I wouldn't if I were you, pet." I warned. "I hate you." I pecked her lips. "No you don't and if you try to take him away from me, there is gonna be hell to pay." Alice stayed silent. "Tony, are you ready?" Tony ran over to me. He grabbed my hand. I looked at Alice. Alice sighed a bit before taking Tony's other hand. Tony is gonna know who his real dad is very soon.