Chapter 7

Alice and Tony were asleep in their room. He still doesn't know that he is my son and not Roger's. He refers to me as the "bad man" that hurt his mom. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have raped and whipped her, but she needed to know that her actions had consequences. I sat down in the library, reading a book. Scarlet entered the room. I could tell when her eyes landed on me, she shrunk on the inside. "Scar, what's gotten you acting like that?" I asked, not looking up at her. "Acting like what?" I looked at her from the corner of my eye. Scarlet walked over to a shelf. "Acting like you're scared of me." I replied. "Well, everyone's a little jumpy around you nowadays. Aside from that little vixen of yours." Scarlet said. "I would never touch you." "But you would rape and beat the woman who carried your child for nine months and who left just for the safety of your kid." "Alice needed to know that her actions have consequences." Scarlet scoffed. She pushed my book down so I would look at her. "Your actions have consequences too, Tommy." She said. I didn't say anything. I just stared into her green eyes. Scarlet was just like Mother. Once they had their green eyes on you, they could make you feel some type of way. "Stop giving me that look." "Alice is a grown ass woman not an animal or your property. Just because you bought her, don't mean you own her." She said. "Yes, it does." I replied. Scarlet didn't say anything as she just stared at me. I stared at her too. I wasn't intimidated by her one bit. She's my baby sister after all. "Just like Father. Too gone to be fixed."