Chapter 12

I laid down in Master's bed. Scarlet wanted to keep Tony for the night, so he's sleeping with her. I've never seen a Master like that. So full of rage and hatred. Yes, he gets angry with me, but never to the point he looks like the devil himself. It scares me badly. I felt the bed sink behind me. An arm wrapped itself around my waist and a chest rested against my back. I looked over my shoulder. Master was looking dead into my eyes. It wasn't anger, or happiness; it was pure sadness. I turned around his grasp. I didn't say anything. I just decided to stroke his somewhat short beard. Master continued to look at me. "Master, you've changed." I said. "How so?" "Your eyes were once a misty brown now they're pale. Pale as the dead." Master sighed. "Me leaving had an effect on you. I can tell. I noticed how you looked in your eyes when you first held Tony and how you saw me acting towards Roger." I frowned, "You looked broken and you still do." Master laid his head on my chest. I wrapped my hands on the back of his head. I stroked his hair. "You have no idea how much I missed you. When you ran away with my kid, I swore not to fall for anyone else and that's what I did. I cut off my heart and my feelings until I found you. I saw how Tony would smile and call him "Daddy" and I saw the pure fear and love in your eyes when you ran to him, I just couldn't control myself. At the toy store, I thought I would lose you, both of you. I love you, Alice and I couldn't lose you again." Master explained. "Master, why do you love me? I'm just your property." I sat up and frowned. Master sat up as well. He cupped my face. "I bought you because I fell in love with you at first sight. When you rejected me, buying you was the only way to have you physically, but I want you fully. Mentally and physically. How can I have that?" I looked down. "Change." Master looked at me. "Change your ways and stop using me." He was about to say something, but stopped himself. "Okay. I'll try." He leaned in close. "Can i?" I nodded. Master pecked my lips. We laid back down. He wrapped his arm around me. "Stay with me." "I will as long as you keep your promise." "Okay." I soon closed my eyes and fell asleep.