Chapter 20

Hinata

Spring air felt refreshing on my face as I ran to find them. My feet sunk into the gravel painting a picture of where I was. The smell of korean barbecue let me know I made it to my destination. I hope they're not mad I'm late.

"Hinata ... Hinata!" I turn my head in the direction of the voice to see blurry blonde hair and skinny arms waving in the air to get my attention. I carefully walk over. I am getting used to seeing without my eyes. I'm doing better as I do not mistake poles for people and bump into trees anymore.

"You finally made it! I thought you would never show up." Greeted Tenten as I sat next to Ino.

"Of course I came. I've just been trying to get better at getting around."

"I forgot you are handicap now." Says Ino as she hugged me.

"Temporarily" Sakura interjects "She can partially see. We're just happy you made it"

"Happy to be here. I missed you guys."

"We missed you too Hina!" whines Tenten.

"Yeah it was difficult not having you around. You had us all worried." assures Ino. I never knew how much everyone cared until I came back. It is heartwarming.

"Thanks for your concern but cheer up girls. I'm here now."

"Exactly, our girl is back so we have to catch her up on all the village gossip!" Ino squealed. There is nothing that gets her more excited than shopping and gossip. Once she got started, there was no stopping her. In a matter of minutes. I knew everyone's business.

Shikamaru has been taking frequent trips to Suna for "different missions", but everyone knows he's seeing a certain blonde sister of the Kazekage. Shino's bug porn addiction has gotten worse since I left. Like seriously, why can't he be normal and just watch hentai like everyone else. TenTen will finally make her move on Neji whenever he wakes up. I guess him being unconscious for all this time has helped Tenten finally face her feelings. I know Neji likes her, but he will not admit it first because he is too modest and he thinks it will dishonor the clan not to marry a Hyuuga. Guy Sensei and Lee have left on some mentor mentee father son trip around to different villages. Key is they can only travel on their hands.

Sakura finished spilling the tea. She informed me of Tsunade's resignation and Kakashi-sensei taking over as hokage. Surprisingly, I always thought Naruto would be next. She left the best for last. "Sai and Ino are dating!"

"Finally!" I squeal. Ino has had eyes for Sai ever since he joined Team 7. "I am so happy for you!" I say hugging her as she blushed.

"I'm happy for you too! Can you finally tell us about Naruto. Everyone knows you've loved him since you could walk."

"We are dating," I answer simply. As of right now, Naruto is my boyfriend, but I don't know about everything. I still love him but it's different now. I have been avoiding him since I got back. I keep our conversations short and vague. I try to express myself, but I never have the words to say. It's too much uncertainty.

"Just wait until you guys have S-E-X. It will bring you closer together. And yes, I am talking from experience." We are all unresponsive to Ino's statement. "Don't be mad I am first to lose my virginity." I immediately look at the floor. "Tenten are you okay?" Ino stares at a beat red Tenten.

"I... I lost mine last year." Me and Sakura stare wide eyed. Of course, I knew already. Tenten told me a week after it happened. She knew the other girls would make a big deal out it so she swore me to secrecy. I wouldn't have told anyway.

"What? To who?" Ino shouts. Ino lost hers around the time tenten did. She told me one drunken night a month after tenten told me. Ino lost hers to shikamaru. Though I don't think she remembers telling me. I'm pretty sure she's taking that news to the grave.