Chapter 6

Hinata

I woke up to the scent of damp wood, as I have been for the past five days. That is what Sasuke smells like. He always has his head back and his eyes closed. I can tell when he is awake and when he is sleeping by his heart beat. That is all I have been listening to these past days.

He never talks but neither do I. Therefore I have indulged in the rhythm of his heartbeat and steady breaths. For fun I play a game where I try to match my breath with his. I have almost passed out four times playing that game, but I have nothing else to entertain me.

Sasuke and I have not been separated since the day I was taken out of the cell. He has kept me warm like he said. I have gotten use to him. I am not as nervous as I was before around him. He doesn't seem as ruthless or crazy as all Konoha has said. He actually seems quite comforting.

The only time I leave Sasuke is when our daily food tray is delivered by Guard 1. I grab the tray from the middle of the room and bring it with me between Sasuke's legs. I sit and eat half the food, waterfall half the water, and sit the tray to the left of me next to sasuke. He never eats or even tries. I wonder how he is not dead by now.

Today I did something unexpected after I ate my half of today's tray.

"Would..you like to eat?" I ask trying my best not to stutter.

"Hn"

I didn't know whether that was a yes or no. I stare at him as he is in his usual position. I blink swallowing my uncertainty.

"Uchiha-san, y..you have not eaten since I have been here." Silence. "I know you may not be able to reach. I c..c..can feed y..you ... if you want." I close my eyes waiting for a response.

"Water" he says after a few minutes. I grab the cup of water and hold it to his lips. I feel his eyes on me. I slowly tip the cup up and let him have a couple of sips. "Bread" he demanded. I put the cup down and picked up the other half of the bread. I plucked off pieces that were bigger than my bite size but not too big. I fed him every piece, waiting until he swallowed one piece before I gave him another, until it was gone. His eyes never left my face, but I continuously focused on the food.

"Wou..Would you care for an..anything else?" I say looking him in the eye for the first time today.

"No" he put his head back against the wall and closed his eyes. I audible let out a breath I did not know I holding.

I have noticed a lot about Sasuke these past few days. He is always stoic and never shows any emotion. He has scars all over his chest and arms. I can tell he has been in many fights. He even has slash marks on his back that look like they just recently healed. He does not like to talk. When he does talk it is usually short and to the point.

Before he goes to sleep, he sniffs my hair. Everytime he does his aura calms. I don't mind because I am constantly taking in his aroma, but I don't know why he would too. My hair is matted and hasn't been washed in forever.

I lean into him and smile as I close my eyes.

...

"Aww, isn't this cute!" I open my eyes as Mamoru steps in. Once I see his smiling face I immediately close my eyes and cling to Sasuke. No No No. He can't take me again. I might not be as lucky this time. My eyes began to sting. "Blue don't be so frightened. We are here for the Uchiha."

Sasuke scoffs at his statement.

I still didn't let go. What did they want with Sasuke? Was he also here because of the boss? Did they want him for his eyes too? What if they touch Sasuke inappropriately also? I held onto him tighter.

"Let go of him Blue. You know what happened last time we had to do things the hard way!" Mamoru spat.

I nuzzled my face further into Sasuke's chest.

"Hyuuga" Sasuke spoke. I felt the vibrations from his voice resonated through me. I pretended not to hear him. How could he just let them take him so willingly?

I shut my eyes tight. No Sasuke don't leave. You are my warmth.

"Hinata" he whispered in my hair. I look up to him, letting him see the fear I have for him in my eyes. His soulless eyes studying me, but I heard plea and reassurance in his voice. I slowly unravel myself from him.

"Move back, Princess" Guard 2 says as him and Guard 1 start to unchain Sasuke and take him by his arms. Sasuke's lifeless body drags against the cold stone floor as they take him down the hall.

*Bang* They door slams closed and I am sitting there for the first time in days cold. I began to hug myself and shiver. I curl into a ball on the floor next to where Sasuke usually sits. I try to retain as much heat as I can. I dip my hands inside my pants and rub my thighs. I just have to make it until Sasuke comes back.

...

It started to feel as though he would never come back. I say my usual prayer for protection of my friends and family. I called to Naruto and hope he is coming soon. I can't hold on much longer.