Chapter 19

Hinata

It felt of death.

I blink open my eyes looking around. Yet I couldn't see. Only darkness consumed my atmosphere. I smelt the air. I was in a hospital. No surprise there. My body was stiff and I had the migraine of the century.

Memories of what happened before I passed out flashes through my mind. I immediately sat up and began ripping needles out my arms. I hear the door creak and my head swivels hearing multiple footsteps enter the room. Fuck he got me and his pale alien minions are coming to experiment on my eyes!!

"Hinata, calm down, your safe." Tsunade's voice halts my fear as the others restrain me and force me on the bed.

"I'm in Konoha?" I tried to say but my throat felt like sandpaper.

"Can one of you get her some water." I hear footsteps scurry and gradually fade away. "Welcome back Hinata" she greets. I hear the fumbling of paper. "Everyone will be glad you are awake. You must have a lot of questions." I eagerly nod my head. "You were finally found and brought back to the village a little over two months ago. You have been in a coma ever since." A cup touches my hand, I grasp it slowly sipping the cold water that brought healing to my irritated throat. "You suffered a broken neck, broken ribs, internal bleeding on your stomach intestines, fractured ankle and wrist. You have successfully recovered from all injuries, except your eyes. Seems as though you had blunt trauma to your temples that burst the nerves in your eyes. Whoever did this was careful to leave your eyes at 25% exactly. While you were in a coma you healed 13% meaning that you were currently at 38%. Since you are now awake, the recovery should move quicker since your brain and body is now active. We are going to check all your vitals and make sure you are stable to leave tomorrow. We will cut the bandages off your eyes then. You will need to get checked up once a week after release. Any questions?"

I am hesitant but I have to know. "The baby" she audibly sighs before answering.

"I wasn't sure you knew. The baby was lost on your journey back to the village." It was clear this was hard news for her to give. I could tell she hoped I didn't know. I couldn't cry as my eyes were bandaged closed so I screamed instead. I will regret ever questioning if I wanted this child. Deep down I did because me and Sasuke made them. Now they're gone and I will never know the wonders this baby could have brought.

A loud bang interrupts and brings me back to reality. " I am so sorry Hinata." I feel her hand pat my head and run along my hair. "Your boyfriend has been here everyday waiting for you to wake up. He's outside now. Should I let him in?" I slowly nod. Despite everything I know Sasuke will make me feel better. I need him right now. I honestly just need a hug. He never knew about the baby. I don't see the reason in telling him. He shouldn't have to feel this hurt too.

He has to fill me in on what happened after I passed out and why take me back to Konoha. Hopefully he was able to kill Toneri. That short pale freak deserves whatever came his way. I was excited as I heard the door open and footsteps approaching. We have so much to talk about. His presence seems bright which is unusual. He must be happy I am finally awake. A small smile appears on my face as I feel the heat of his face inch closer to mine. His lips kissed my forehead and I instantly froze. Those were not Sasuke's lips on my forehead nor was that his hand holding mine.

"Wow Hinata you're finally awake! You had me worried sick!" A clear realization falls upon me as I hear Naruto's voice. In Konoha Naruto is my boyfriend. Where is Sasuke?

'I can't go back'  his voice rings in my head. Of course he didn't come to the village. It would hurt him to return. But he wouldn't leave me, right? Unconsciously touched my neck but my necklace was not there. I guess he would leave me. Or maybe he is somewhere waiting for me. Whether in Konoha or not I have to find him. My breath speeds up as I quickly sit up and begin taking recently placed needles out my arm again.